Company: Sandia Resort & Casino
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Position Summary The HR Assistant provides administrative support
to members of Human Resources management staff. May handle portions
of specific programs, as assigned by management. Required to share
responsibility for receptionist duties. Supervision Exercised
Reports to the Compensation Manager Major Duties and
- Performs a wide variety of typing assignments which are often
confidential in nature; operates personal computer to enter data,
draft, edit, revise, and print letters, reports, and other
- Maintains official personnel files in a timely, confidential
and professional manner. Ensures all related paperwork is entered
into the files on a timely basis.
- Greets and directs visitors, as appropriate; resolves routine
administrative problems and answers inquiries concerning activities
and operations of department/division; accepts, screens, and routes
telephone calls; maintains log of inquiries as required.
- Covers all or portions of some HR sponsored programs, such as
Employee Recognition and Rewards, Sandia Bucks, etc.
- Provides confidential administrative support for the Director
of Human Resources.
- Make sure all personal information entered into the Self
Service section of Infinium by employees is correct and approve the
information to feed into the HRIS.
- Maintains the Personnel Action Request Log.
- Sorts, screens, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail;
drafts or prepares responses to routine inquiries; prepares
photocopies and facsimiles, and operates a variety of office
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and updates files, records,
certificates, and/or other documents.
- Orders, stocks, and distributes office supplies.
- Checks, verifies, enters and edits data from HR Forms into the
HRIS system in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Performs miscellaneous HR-related duties as assigned. Secondary
Duties and Responsibilities Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and
- Records maintenance skills.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Receptionist skills.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Prefer experience in Infinium/Cognos reporting systems. Minimum
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Two (2) years of administrative assistant level experience
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug
screening Working Conditions
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Keywords: Sandia Resort & Casino, Albuquerque , HR ASSISTANT, Human Resources , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!