Human Resources Assistant/Coordinator
Company: Louisiana Hotel Corp
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Are you in search of an exciting Human Resources position? If so,
look no further! The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown is in search of an
entry level HR professional to join its team! Our HR
Assistant/Coordinator will support our busy HR department!?The
successful candidate must have held a prior HR position and must
have 1-2 years of directly related, hands-on HR experience. Some
prior HR coursework may be considered in combination of experience
required. This person selected will apply their HR knowledge in
administrative support of our 100 associates, assisting
management/HR with the recruitment, hiring and onboarding process,
will serve as a payroll back-up, and will perform other HR
administrative duties required. If you are an early HR career
professional looking to grow in HR, we encourage you to apply
today!JOB OVERVIEWAssists the Human Resources Department in all
duties related to the timely processing of accurate human resources
program and services. Maintains records and information. Processes
health benefit invoices, files, sorts, and faxes documents and
correspondence; answers phone calls/emails, orders supplies and
uniforms, and assists with recruitment, payroll, benefits and
onboarding. In addition to performance of the essential job duties,
this position may be required to perform a combination of other
supportive functions/clerical duties as assigned or
directed.REPORTS TODirector of Human ResourcesWORK HOURS
- Associates may be required to work mostly day shifts Monday -
- Work on weekends during HR planned events may also be
- Two years of Human Resources experience with recruiting
experience required or
- Associate?s degree or equivalent coursework from a 2-year
college with a focus in human resources plus one year of Human
Resources experience required
- Payroll experience is a plus?JOB DUTIES
- Assist with recruitment on a daily basis (i.e. reference
checking, background checks, attending job fairs,
sourcing/screening candidates, setting up interviews, coordinating
and attending job fairs, setting up interviews, advertisement
internal and external, providing updates, etc.).
- Collect, enter, and process payroll.
- Schedule and meet with new associates for new associate
paperwork and orientation; completes onboarding process and
- Submit employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and
- Maintain employee information by entering and updating
employment and status-change data into our HRIS/Payroll
- Provide administrative support by filing weekly, entering,
formatting, and printing information; organizing and prioritizing
work; answering and returning calls within 24 hours or sooner;
relaying messages; ordering of supplies, shoes and uniform related
items; sets up and helps with alteration clinics.
- Answer questions and inquiries from co-workers and management
timely in regards to questions or concerns they have providing
professional thought provoking and sound guidance.
- Assist Human Resources Department in supporting and enforcing
company policies, procedures, rules, and practices regarding
employment law matters pertaining to our property, company,
industry, city, state, etc.
- Maintain an efficient and functional filing system, keeping
files current and up to date.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects operations by keeping
human resource information confidential.
- Provide benefit packets to eligible associates; follows up and
enters information. Assist with open enrollment.
- Arrange for and facilitate Hep B and Flu shot clinics.
- Responsible for collecting and data entering/tracking all
required certifications, disciplinary actions, recruitment efforts,
and hire documents.
- Assist in the preparation of audits.
- Assist in the planning of company events when needed.
- Participates on safety committee.
- Assist Human Resources Department in any other duties as needed
or assigned.If you feel you have what it takes, and want to gain
more experience in HR, apply today!All candidates will be subject
to a criminal, credit, and MVR check. We are an E-Verify
employer.The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment
and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or
disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the
employment process because of a medical condition or disability,
please send me an e-mail or call 505-349-8024 to let us know the
nature of your request.ExperienceRequired
- 1 year(s): Associates degree or equivalent coursework in HR
plus one year of HR experience to include recruitment
- 1 - 2 years: 1-2 years HR experienceEducationPreferred
- Associates or better in Human Resources Management
- Associates or better in Business Management
- Some college or better in Human Resources
- Microsoft Office
- Employee Relations
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- Customer Service
- Critical ThinkingBehaviorsPreferred
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
See job description
Keywords: Louisiana Hotel Corp, Albuquerque , Human Resources Assistant/Coordinator, Human Resources , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!