OFFICE SUPPORT SPECIALIST - HR Assistant
Company: Geo Reentry Services
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Facility:--NM Women's Recovery Academy (NMWRA)Compensation
Base:--Compensation Bonus (if applicable):--Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummaryThis position performs standard and routine human
resources, payroll. inventory control and general office activities
for a facility. Assignments generally involve work of a
confidential nature and require a general knowledge of the
practices and procedures of the function.Primary Duties and
- Processes all business office responsibilities including
accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory control
and general office management.
- Serves as accounting clerk handling daily accounting and
month-end closing activities.
- Assists with preparing and tracking monthly and annual budgets
- Maintains payment card (P-Card) system transactions.
- Coordinates subsistence and resident savings and banking
accounting including calculations of funds that are due collection
of funds, data entry, bank deposits, fund disbursement, account
maintenance, and account reconciliation.
- Assists in the hiring process by placing newspaper ads, posting
openings with Department of Labor (DOL) and other local workforce
agencies. Ensures completeness of applications and schedules
interviews as needed. Conducts reference and background checks as
required by contracts after a job offer is made.
- Processes all personnel paperwork and issues new employee
identification cards. Provides orientation for new employees
pertaining to benefits and personnel issues so employees are well
informed of company policies, procedures and benefits.
- Edits for discrepancies and prepares punch detail report for
final processing of payroll to meet bi-weekly payroll deadline and
ensure employees are paid accurately.
- Maintains facility personnel files for all current employees.
Files on a daily basis. Assists all staff and supervisors in
understanding policies and procedures describes in the Company---s
- Maintains a staffing roster to ensure accurate employee count
and track employee vacancies.
- Has a working knowledge of the Personnel Policy and Operations
Manual so that correct records are maintained at the facility and
submitted to the Corporate Office to comply with government
requirements and provide documentation in the event of litigation.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of
all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions
associated with a job, but are intended to accurately reflect
principal job elements.
- Types and proofs correspondence and reports which may include
formal and informal disciplinary action reports for both residents
and employees or monthly and quarterly facility reports.
- Receives, opens and dates stamp incoming mail. Distributes mail
within one hour of receipt so that time-limited documents can be
acted upon immediately.
- Provides pick-up and delivery service for office supplies, if
requested to ensure continuity of operations is maintained.
- Assumes on-duty shift responsibilities including accountability
for residents and security of facility in the absence of other
security staff, if requested by Facility Director or Assistant
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding
residents, employees, vendors, outside agencies, etc., so that
sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Completes in-service training to meet the requirements for
continued professional self development. Participates in staff
meeting by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the
facility, residents and staff relations to identify and solve
problems and function as a unified team. Records the minutes, type
them, and distribute to appropriate persons.
- May prepare correspondence and perform other clerical duties as
assigned to insure the office runs smoothly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate---s
degree or certification from a business school or college education
- Three (3) years of general office, human resources, bookkeeping
or accounts payable experience.
- Familiarization with general accounting principles, fiscal
budget control procedures and computerized accounting.
- Ability to handle a variety of simple tasks that are routine in
nature, while keeping work flowing in an orderly manner.
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in English, in both
written and verbal form.
- Ability to use computers and the typical software used by the
Keywords: Geo Reentry Services, Albuquerque , OFFICE SUPPORT SPECIALIST - HR Assistant, Human Resources , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!