Company: Sandia Resort & Casino
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Position Summary Under direct supervision uses and maintains Health
Center vehicles to drive senior citizens and/or handicap residents
to specific medical and/or dental destinations and provides pick
and delivery services to support and promote Health Center
activities. Supervision Exercised Supervised by the Public Health
Nurse. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Transports senior citizens and/or handicapped residents to
non-emergent scheduled medical and dental appointments and to other
necessary activities to support activities of daily living such as
shopping for groceries as authorized by the immediate
- Transports other able-bodied community members to medical and
dental appointments only if there are no other senior citizens or
handicapped individuals scheduled.
- Provides delivery and pickup services to support medical and
dental clinic business. This may include but is not limited
delivering lab tests to Albuquerque Indian Health Service
laboratory, delivering charts or x-rays to the dental clinic and
appointment reminders to patients.
- Delivers tribal or health center communications to individual
homes or other tribal entities.
- Responsible for vehicle safety maintenance and general upkeep
of all health center vehicles.
- Maintains daily activity log and submits weekly activity
reports to the immediate supervisor to be tallied for the Health &
Social Services Director.
- Creates maintenance logs for clinic vehicles to ensure timely
oil changes and tire rotation.
- Inspects the vehicles each day for safety, cleanliness and
- Performs additional duties as necessary and assigned. Secondary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the CHRs (Community Health Representatives) on
prevention and health promotion activities and community outreach
projects. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to drive a van having either an automatic or standard
- Must be able to move patients in wheelchairs.
- Ability to follow directions using a telephone or radio.
- Ability to transmit oral assessment to medical or other
- Ability to work odd and unusual hours, weekends and
- Ability to travel out of town overnight.
- Ability to meet minimum age requirements of 21 years.
- Knowledge of basic math, map reading and trip scheduling.
- Knowledge of the location of medical facilities and special
needs of disabled adults.
- Knowledge of the care that must be exercised in the
transporting of patients. Minimum Qualifications, Education and
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Three (3) months experience involving the operation of a
vehicle(s) used in the transport of passengers,
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico
Driver's License Preferred:
- Experience and/or training in one of the following areas:
- Nursing Assistant
- Home Health Aid
- Disabled Caretaker
- EMT Level One, or
- Previous work experience involving the planning and application
of life skills.
- CPR/First Aid certificate Licensing Status
- Must be able to successfully pass a Background and Character
Investigation in compliance with PL 101.630.
- Must have an insurable driving record, including no DUI/DWIs in
the past 5 years.
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug
screening. Working Conditions
- Work may require driving long hours behind the wheel of a
- Subject to strenuous and varied physical activity.
- Exposed to patient sickness
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Outside work is subject
to temperature extremes and inclement weather conditions.
- Work hours subject to change with overtime work required.
- Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke;
diseases; cuts bruises, burns, common cold, influenza, dust, odors
and elevated noise levels.
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft
carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time,
sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk- bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry.
- Arms - reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate.
- Legs - lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate.
- Hands - Grasp, manipulate bilateral coordination, hand and eye
coordination, and overall and finger dexterity.
Keywords: Sandia Resort & Casino, Albuquerque , VAN DRIVER, Hospitality & Tourism , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!