Company: Sandia Resort & Casino
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Position Summary Under general supervision, performs activities in
support of the Buffet and EDR. Ensures that all internal and
external guests receive 'Far from Ordinary" service and all
transactions are processed accurately and timely. Supervision
Exercised Supervised by EDR/Buffet Supervisors/Managers. Major
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service and establish guest
perception of buffet and EDR service as that of exceptional
hospitality and friendliness with "Far from Ordinary" service.
- Utilize the 10/5 rule when greeting guests and ensure that we
are always giving our guests a positive parting remark and
expressing gratitude for their business.
- Maintain control and account for drawer and bank at all times
where monthly variance does not exceed +/- $5.
- Ensure that security escort is present when transporting money
to and from the casino vault.
- Participation in Daily Stand Up Meetings to ensure property
information is understood.
- Timely completion of computer assisted training as
- Ensure that the cleanliness of the work area is properly
maintained and that opening and closing procedures are completed in
a timely manner.
- Ensure that accurate cash transactions are made and all sales
are properly closed and all paperwork is accurately accounted
- Ensure health and safety regulations are maintained at all
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or
assigned by Management. Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to write and perform standard reports and
- Maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene.
- Exhibiting a strong commitment to the organization.
- Ability to deal effectively with the general public and casino
- Ability to make accurate cash transactions.
- Ability to pass a cashier test.
- Ability to make basic arithmetic calculations.
- Knowledge of minimum temperature requirements for food/drink
- Knowledge of Tribal, Federal, State and local sanitary
regulations regarding the preparation, maintenance, storage and
sales of food/drink products. Minimum Qualifications, Education and
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age Preferred:
- Experience in cashiering, restaurant or food service capacity
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug
- Must obtain and maintain a New Mexico Alcohol Server's License
within 30 days of hire date.
- Must successfully complete a New Mexico Food Handlers Course
within 30 days of hire date. Working Conditions
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Outdoor work is subject
to extreme temperatures and inclement weather conditions.
- Work hours are subject to change with overtime work
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule to be able to
work weekends and holidays if needed.
- Subject to hazards, which may cause personal bodily harm;
smoke, common colds, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and
soft-carpeted floors, outdoor surfaces, cement structures and
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time,
sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk - bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry
- Arms - reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate
- Legs - lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate
- Hands - Grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, hand and eye
coordination, overall and finger dexterity.
Keywords: Sandia Resort & Casino, Albuquerque , EDR CASHIER, Hospitality & Tourism , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!