ASSISTANT BEVERAGE MANAGER
Company: Sandia Resort & Casino
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Position Summary Directs the overall operation of the Governors
Room, Tlur P'a Lounge, Bashie, Pool Operation and Casino Floor
Beverage service. Assists in the preparation, management and
monitoring of Beverage budget (comprised of 5 separate departmental
budgets). Actively participates in marketing of the beverage
outlets. Assists with supervision of entire beverage staff to
include hourly supervisors. Supervision Exercised Reports to the
Assistant Food and Beverage Director Supervises assigned employees.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing every guest with timely and "Far from
- Visits guests daily at lounge tables, table games and slot
machines to ensure service and beverage quality meet the
expectations of the guests.
- Investigates and resolves guest complaints about beverage
quality and service.
- Ensures daily stand ups are being consistently conducted as a
means to maintain property communication.
- Ensures standards to provide clean and safe beverage areas for
guests and staff at all times.
- Coaches and uses progressive discipline as necessary to
maintain high levels of service and product excellence.
- Conducts 90 Day and Annual Performance Appraisals for
Supervisors and ensures that Supervisors are performing the same
task for their staff.
- Prepares weekly work schedules for assigned shifts based on
guidelines and budget for that outlet. Makes staffing adjustments
based on volume of business and budgeted labor as a percentage of
revenue as necessary.
- Ensures all employee call-ins are logged per attendance policy
and recommended action taken.
- Responsible for the accurate ordering and transferring of
beverage products as needed for respective outlets.
- Communicates daily to staff about responsible alcohol service
and holds staff accountable.
- Ensures that employees are in compliance with health and safety
standards and regulations.
- Ensures that all beverage products served meet the established
standardized recipes and ensures temperature logs are completed and
filed every shift as required.
- Ensures that all service equipment is handled safely and with
reasonable care, reporting mechanical problems to the proper
department for repair.
- Ensures that IG cash registers are maintained and closed out at
the designated times as well as back up procedures are in place in
case of a power outage.
- Timely completion of computer assisted training as
- Ensures that proper security measures are taken for safekeeping
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or
assigned. Secondary Duties and Responsibilities Knowledge, Skills
- Knowledge of all phases of beverage administration.
- Knowledge of beverage trends, wines and spirits.
- Knowledge of entire range of products offered in the Bar.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L
statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity.
- Effective conflict management skills.
- Strong customer and employee relation skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and
- Retail merchandising skills.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety
- Cost control and knowledge of all beverage services.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Tribal, Federal, State and local sanitary
regulations regarding the preparation, maintenance, storage and
sales of food/drink products.
- Ability to maintain confidential information. Minimum
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- A minimum of two (2) years demonstrated supervisory experience
in the hospitality field, with at least one (1) year working in
bars and/or restaurants as a Supervisor or Manager. Preferred:
- Associate's Degree.
- Previous supervisory experience in the gaming industry.
- Previous experience overseeing multiple outlets and a workforce
of 30 FTEs or more.
- Previous experience at any level in a beverage operation -
bartender, cocktail server, bar back. Licensing Status
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug
- Must successfully complete the New Mexico Food Handlers course
within 30 days of hire date.
- Must obtain and maintain a New Mexico Alcohol Server's License
within 30 days of hire date. Working Conditions
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Outside work is subject
to extreme temperatures and inclement weather conditions.
- Work hours subject to change with overtime work required.
- Must be able to have a flexible work schedule to be able to
work weekends and holidays if needed.
- Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke;
common colds, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft
carpeted floors, outdoor surfaces, cement structures and
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time,
sitting and crouching.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk- bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry.
- Arms - reach, carry, lift, twist, and rotate.
- Legs - lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate.
- Hands - Grasp, manipulate bilateral coordination, hand and eye
coordination, and overall and finger dexterity.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
Keywords: Sandia Resort & Casino, Albuquerque , ASSISTANT BEVERAGE MANAGER, Hospitality & Tourism , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!