PLAYER'S CLUB HOST
Company: Sandia Resort & Casino
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Position Summary Promotes the Player's Club program by assisting
customers through the membership process and explaining the
benefits and perks of membership. Supervision Exercised Supervised
by the Player's Club Supervisors. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Explains all the benefits of joining the Player's Club
including how to join, provide information about the associated
rules and regulations of joining, provide current promotional
information, and describe bonus points and redemption of
merchandise. Assists the player with the completion of the
membership application including verification of a valid ID and,
Using a computer, setup the player's account via a windows based
application (Konami). Should be done as quickly and efficiently as
- Via a windows based application (Konami) print one or more
- Explain the use and rules of multiple players' club cards.
- Via the computer-based system and/or manual logs make notations
in customer's account regarding information for promotions,
mailings, fraudulent activity, redemptions etc. as outlined by
Player's Club Policies and Procedures.
- Explain the operations of the Player's Club card in the slot
machines and at table games.
- Inform players of promotions explaining all official rules and
regulations of promotions soon to start, in progress, or soon to
- Make announcements pertaining to promotion drawing times,
announcing winners and general promotional information.
- Help perform drawings on a timely basis, conduct and monitor
other promotional games (wheel spinning, cash cage etc.) and
identify player as a valid winner by verifying player's card and
valid ID against drawing ticket and the information contained
within computer system (Konami).
- Inform appropriate departments (poker, bingo etc.) of names of
potential winner(s) that have been drawn for promotions. Inform
departments of the actual confirmed winner(s) of promotions and
inform departments of any unclaimed prizes for all promotions.
- Log all winners and unclaimed prizes on manual promotion forms
for tracking and "tag" winners of promotions via the computer-based
- Distribute and log promotional items, and log customers who
receive any promotional items (e.g., jackets, hats, shirts, gaming
packages, match-plays, coupons, gifts, or generic player
- Attend, professionally represent, and promote the Casino at
offsite promotional events.
- Distribute promotional material and provide general information
about the casino Inventory promotional gifts, promotional stock,
and redemption merchandise. Tracks items according to policies and
procedures. There should be Zero unexplained variances with
inventory of promotional materials.
- Provide general information about the Casino and all events
held within the Casino.
- Make general information announcements and page customers using
a PA system.
- Use multiple computer ticketing systems (that are command line
based) to sell tickets and provide general information for all
concerts and events held at the casino amphitheatre, as well as for
all ticket master concerts.
- Responsible for the Box Office and all cash, credit card,
coupons, vouchers, and redemption forms including balancing box
office cash drawer and reconciling paperwork for accounting and
auditing purposes. There should be Zero Variances of all tenders
without acceptable documentation from management.
- Works with Supervisors/Manager to continue to monitor
transactions to reduce the number of exception reports within the
- Follows service standards set forth by management to elevate
- Performs other duties as assigned. Secondary Duties and
Responsibilities Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal effectively
with the public.
- The ability to communicate effectively, maintain a high level
of professionalism at all times, provide excellent customer service
under any and all circumstances, generate excitement, and provide
personal attention to customers thereby building strong customer
- The ability to understand and retain to memory and/or reference
procedure manual regarding all official rules and regulations for
promotions and the Player's Club.
- The ability to know when to forward customers, internal
personnel, vendors, and any other individuals to supervisors or
manager to ensure only accurate and pertinent information about any
promotions, rules and regulations for the Player's Club, casino, or
promotions is provided.
- The ability to identify fraudulent activity being attempted by
Player's Club members participating in promotions, merchandise
redemptions, coupon redemption etc. and appropriately escalates to
supervisor and manager.
- Customer service, sales, and/or marketing skills.
- Ability to work all hours, including weekends and
- Ability to organize thoughts and write clearly and concisely in
order to complete documents, forms, logs and accounting
- Ability to stand for entire shift.
- Ability to adhere to strict service standards.
- Ability to lift heavy merchandise.
- Knowledge of computer systems and use of Windows operating
systems and various computer applications, data processing and data
entry. Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- One (1) year of customer service experience.
- Six months previous money handling experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Licensing Status
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Gaming
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug
screening. Working Conditions
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors.
- Work hours subject to change with overtime work required.
- Must be able to work long hours under stressful
- Subject to hazards, which may cause personal bodily harm:
smoke, common colds, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and
soft-carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
- Duties may involve walking, or standing for long periods of
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk-bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, and carry
- Arms-reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, and rotate
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate
- Hands-grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, eye and hand
coordination, overall and finger dexterity.
Keywords: Sandia Resort & Casino, Albuquerque , PLAYER'S CLUB HOST, Hospitality & Tourism , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!