HOTEL SALES MANAGER
Company: Sandia Resort & Casino
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Position Summary The Hotel Sales Manager is responsible for
soliciting, proposing and contracting group, convention center and
catering contracts for business. This position is responsible for
achieving revenue goals within set markets for quantity of sleeping
rooms, average daily rate, food and beverage revenue, audio visual,
annual budgeted revenue per available room, and guest satisfaction
scores. Additionally, this position manages, coordinates and
communicates the needs of the groups to the operation departments
of the hotel in the form of the Banquet Event Order, Group Cover
Sheet, verbally and by email. Supervision Exercised Reports to the
Director of Hotel Sales and works closely with the Convention
Services Manager with Banquet Staff when applicable. Major Duties
- Responsible for meeting booking and service goals.
- Actively participates in daily stand ups, weekly sales meetings
and for attending pre and post-convention meetings to understand
group needs, where applicable.
- Proactively solicits and qualifies new business in assigned
- Responds to incoming business opportunities within 24 business
- Sets and monitors market specific SMART quarterly action
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to
- Interacts with guest to obtain feedback on product quality,
service levels and effectively responds to guest problems and
- Effectively communicate client's needs and challenges to the
operations team to ensure appropriate services are being offered
and challenges are overcome.
- Participates in all sales blitzes, attends industry events and
trade shows to maximize hotel sales and revenues.
- Effectively develops relationships within the community to
strengthen and expand customer base for group sales
- Conducts creative and memorable site tours.
- Establishes client rapport, entertains qualified potential
clients in accordance with the SOPs.
- Ensures that current and prospective client databases are
- Responsible for catering functions from development of initial
contact with client through final billing of event.
- Establishes preferred vendor recommendation lists for
- Negotiates function space, minimum revenue commitment, food and
beverage prices, room rates, room blocks, and hotel services within
approved departmental booking guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Secondary Duties and
Responsibilities Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Delphi, SMS, and Microsoft Office to include Word,
Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Internet marketing.
- Must possess strong presentation, negotiating, creative selling
and prospecting skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete tasks based on due
dates and revenue generation.
- Must possess effective and creative problem solving
- Team player with a professional, friendly demeanor with a
positive attitude. Ability to foster a cooperative and successful
- Excellent customer service skills and group event survey scores
pertaining to goals.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
for most effective results.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and close on best business
opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel
- Ability to conduct independent research.
- Knowledge of the overall hospitality market - competitors'
strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand and
ability to sell against them within given market segment.
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations procedures and
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing,
prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to analyze event requests and assess catering product
and equipment requirements.
- Ability to generate revenue through event sales.
- Ability to work long hours, 5-6 days per week.
- Must read, write and speak the English language at a level
sufficient to efficiently perform the functions of the position.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Hospitality, Business
Administration or related field and three (3) years' experience in
hospitality, hotel or catering sales. Any combination of education
from an accredited college or university in a related field and/or
direct experience totaling seven (7) years may substitute for the
required education and experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico
Driver's License. Licensing Status
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug
screening. Working Conditions
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Outside work is subject
- extremes and inclement weather conditions.
- Work hours subject to change with overtime work required.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk
Keywords: Sandia Resort & Casino, Albuquerque , HOTEL SALES MANAGER, Hospitality & Tourism , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!