Shipping Receiving Prep Tech - Panavision New Mexi
Company: Panavision Inc
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Scope: Receive, inspect and service equipment
upon return. Identify damages and missing equipment. Prioritize
equipment for servicing. Liaise with customer and all internal
departments in order to communicate issues while delivering the
highest customer service and quality. Ship Equipment packages,
Branch transfers and Repairs, as directed from Lead Prep Tech and
Camera Operations. Communicate with customers and all necessary
internal departments to deliver the highest customer service, while
maintaining accurate records and paperwork. Act as a Prep
Technician for projects, as directed by Lead Prep Tech. Maintain
constant communication for package changes with camera operations
and the marketing representative. Key Responsibilities:
- Ship and receive equipment accurately and in a timely manner
ensuring all Pinnacle data is updated and correct.
- Maintain the Panavision inventory tracking system by verifying
that equipment is properly engraved and bar-coded. In the event of
errors or missing labels, follow company procedures to update
labelling and engraving, and entering data into system.
- Using available systems and information prioritize equipment
moving through Receiving.
- Receive and route sub-hire equipment as appropriate.
- Complete kits before moving equipment to the Service
- Immediately identify missing items. Double check for missing
items before equipment is dispersed. Conduct in-house search
(within 24 hours) before contacting client and Marketing Rep.
- Identify potential damage to equipment communicating to the
Service department and Marketing to decide best course of action in
order to correct. This may be repair on site in the service
department, return to WH for repair or refurb, or return to vendor
for repair or refurb.
- Follow the company standard procedures for possible missing or
- Pull and prep gear for customer orders. All equipment should be
prepped the day prior to customer arrival.
- Track client adds/drops during the prep so that order can be
reconciled in Pinnacle prior to shipment.
- Make sure any shortages or missing items are promptly
communicated with the Marketing Rep and Rental Desk. Check system
to see what crew is assigned to job and note if any special
equipment is needed, any past issues with equipment, etc.
- Monitor access to store room and gear at all times.
- Maintain equipment in storeroom. Rotate equipment on an as
needed basis to ensure most efficient workflow.
- Participate in on-the-job and formal training in technical and
customer service aspects of role. Advancement opportunities and
additional responsibilities will be dependent on success with daily
tasks as well as training. Formal training is available
periodically and each person is responsible for obtaining the
technical and practical knowledge of equipment while meeting all of
the demands of the current job scope.
- Provide ongoing process improvement suggestions to ensure the
Shipping/Receiving/Prep service process meets or exceeds customer
- Ensure highest level of customer satisfaction by interfacing
with all internal departments while maintaining active, informative
contact with client (internal or external). Ensure seamless hand
off to other employees, if applicable.
- Inform supervisor of any conflict around equipment, resources,
etc.as soon as possible.
- Consistently and effectively use all available systems to
support processes. Utilize system information to effectively manage
resources and priorities based on orders and returns. Keep system
data accurate and up to date (real time) for all internal
- Provide direct technical support to customers and/or employees
- Successfully complete periodic certifications and testing at
each level of the training program.
- Keep storage, test bays and all work areas neat and
- Uphold and follow safety guidelines and precautions to prevent
injuries and accidents. Skills/Experience Required:
- Team player. Self motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on
own initiative. High degree of accountability and able to hold
others to account.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Good knowledge of all Panavision products and services.
Proactive in gaining and maintaining service and technical
knowledge/skill on all PV offered equipment.
- Outstanding customer service orientation, willing to go the
extra mile for both internal and external customers. Exhibits
initiative on all client or equipment related issues.
- Able to work and maintain effectiveness under pressure, within
tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Thorough, outstanding follow through and attention to detail.
Highly organized and able to prioritize work load.
- Self starter with strong interpersonal and oral communication
- Builds and maintains effective team relationships. Strong
understanding and appreciation for end to end rental process. Works
effectively with supporting departments and within home department
to meet customer needs.
- Flexible in approach to work and assignments. Able to adapt
seamlessly to changing situations and priorities.Health & Safety
- Safe handling of solvents and other chemicals.
- Safe handling of sharp and other potentially dangerous
- Safe manual lifting techniques. Able to lift up to 50lbs.
consistently and daily.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, current electrical safety
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Work
Environment and Physical Demands:This job operates in a warehouse
environment. The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach
with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift
product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. Position Type/Expected
Hours of Work:This position generally works standard business
hours, but may require overtime hours and some weekend work.
Travel: Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be
expected. Other Duties: Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice. It is the policy of Panavision to
provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or
any other protected characteristic under applicable State and
Keywords: Panavision Inc, Albuquerque , Shipping Receiving Prep Tech - Panavision New Mexi, Hospitality & Tourism , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!