General Manager, Travelodge and Penny's Diner
Company: Avantic Lodging Enterprises
Posted on: February 18, 2021
The General Manager is charged with general oversight of all
hotel operations. They will provide hands on leadership in
facilitating guest experiences that exceed expectations, while
revenue is maximized and expenses are effectively controlled.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Operations, the GM serves as
the linchpin for communications with employees, guests, clients and
the Corporate Support office. They will establish daily priorities
and will support and direct the on-going activities of department
heads in key functional areas such as administration, food &
beverage, maintenance, sales and housekeeping to ensure that all
operations run smoothly and efficiently. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Communicate, promote and model Avantic's Support Culture and
- Provide leadership and direction department heads and front
- Manage the financial performance of the hotel through effective
control of expenses and through the development, analysis and
implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts.
- Ensure adherence to company and brand standards, and ensure
compliance with all legal and regulatory compliance
- Identify and respond to guest feedback and facilitate prompt
and effective resolution to guest concerns and complaints.
- Actively participate in the recruitment, selection,
orientation, training, coaching and employee relations processes to
ensure quality, continuous improvement and positive team
- Accomplish People Support strategies by determining
accountabilities, enforcing policies procedures and requirements,
communicating Avantic's programs and appraising and reviewing
performance and compensation practices.
- Support organizational strategies by contributing information,
analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction;
Establish functional objectives that align with organizational
- Recommend hotel operational strategies by evaluating trends,
establishing critical measurements, determining means for enhanced
efficiency and implementing change tactics when needed.
- Support financial strategies by estimating and anticipating
requirements and variances aligning monetary resources and
- Work in partnership with the Sales and Revenue Management teams
to effectively position the hotel's rates within its competitive
- Serve as an ambassador for the hotel by actively participating
in civic, community and business groups and by sponsoring special
events at the hotel.
- Maintain strong awareness of product quality and condition of
the physical plant by regularly inspecting facilities, food and
beverage areas, guest rooms, public access areas and outside
grounds for cleanliness and order.
- Work with Regional Director of Operations and corporate Design
& Construction team to execute projects related to capital
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities, taking full advantage of brand learning resources,
reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks
and participating in professional organizations. REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education
and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 3 years' previous hotel operations and leadership
experience, to include successful management of a large staff and
focus on exceptional guest service.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with significant past P&L
- Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and
deliver on guest needs.
- Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up
and attention to detail.
- Proven leadership skills in supporting employees to
consistently attain personal and department performance goals.
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem
solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and
- Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and
as a part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous
priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with major hospitality brands vs. independents
(Wyndham, Marriott, Choice, Hilton, Starwood, etc.) is highly
desired. Apply Now * Fields Are Required What is your full name?
First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number Number Type
What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: Avantic Lodging Enterprises, Albuquerque , General Manager, Travelodge and Penny's Diner, Hospitality & Tourism , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!