Service Tech Level 5
Posted on: September 9, 2020
CoolSys is the parent company of market-leading operating
businesses that provide a full spectrum of best-in-class service
experiences and solutions to the retail, commercial, and industrial
refrigeration and HVAC industries. Our valued and dedicated
employees are at the heart of our continued growth and success. We
invite you to be part of that growth!
Service Tech - Level 5 should know
Advanced solid state controls; oil system safety controls;
mechanical sub-cooling; introduction to head pressure control for
energy reduction; introduction to energy management systems (EMS);
refrigeration rack oil systems; advanced defrost diagnosis and
single compressor system start up.
- This position is responsible to repair and overhaul
refrigeration, heating and ventilation equipment to ensure customer
needs are met efficiently, accurately and on-time.
- Provides service to the customer base by repairing and
overhauling equipment, such as, compressors, water pumps, air
handlers, electrical and mechanical control devises in a safe,
efficient and timely manner that exceeds the customer's
- Provides general repair work on refrigeration, heating and
ventilation equipment, such as, air conditioning units, evaporative
condensers, ice machine equipment, water pumps, gas furnaces,
compressors and electric motors in a safe and timely manner.
- Provides preventative maintenance activities for customers by
diagnosing equipment malfunction and any operating deficiency of
the mechanical equipment to ensure quality work performance for the
- Provides department support by processing job tickets, work
orders to the necessary department in a timely manner.
- Provides necessary training to new or less qualified
technicians as needed.
- Maintains proper truck inventory continuously, and drives
company vehicle in a safe manner.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by
- Knowledge of commercial refrigeration, ice machines, gas
furnaces, and electrical components.
- Knowledge of single systems, parallel rack systems, display
cases and walk-in boxes.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot commercial refrigeration
- Strong mechanical aptitude skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build strong
relationships with customers and management.
- Good driving record.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED, course work at an accredited
vocational technical or trade school.
- 5 -7 years' experience in commercial refrigeration; ice
machines; parallel rack systems and gas furnace required.
- Experience working on refrigeration equipment in convenience
and supermarket stores.
Our Employment Benefits includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Credit Union
- 401(k) Match
- Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Technical Training Programs
Pre-employment background screening (criminal, drug screen and DMV)
is required for all positions. CoolSys is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
Keywords: CoolSys, Albuquerque , Service Tech Level 5, Hospitality & Tourism , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!