Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - Special Needs Coordinator
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Couple and Family opening in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This and other social worker jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - Special Needs Coordinator job in Albuquerque, New Mexico.The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) job is a civilian position within the military medical system supporting the military and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Monday-FridayDays shiftsNo On-Call/Call-BackHolidays offFantastic PTO accrual rateCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - Special Needs Coordinator Job Overview:
- Oversees and manages the Exceptional Family Member Program
- Establishes and maintains procedures to identify family members with special medical and educational needs in a timely manner.
- Use a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach with other key service
- providers, such as installation youth and childcare facilities, and officer and enlisted spouses groups, to ensure effective outreach and identification of special needs.
- Ensures AF sponsors assigned to the installation, or whose personnel functions are handled at the installation, are "Q-coded" (EFMP-enrolled) regardless of location of family;
- Provides oversight for base-level data entry in AF-provided data management systems used in the management of EFMP-M;
- Provides training to installation personnel and medical staff; and consultation as needed to support the implementation of EFMP-M base-wide;
- Integrally involved in the Family Member Relocation Clearance (FMRC) process.
- Ensures all FMRC requirements are implemented by all EFMP-M staff.
- Coordinates the enrollment process and travel screening for all active duty family members and travel screening upon request to the families of DoD civilian sponsored assignments going to an overseas base.
- Provides oversight to ensure every AF sponsor with one or more family members with special needs assigned to the installation has a SN file maintained at the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF).
- Ensures Q-coded sponsors assigned to the installation are contacted
- annually to determine if there are unmet needs and to request updates of information as needed;
- Collaborates with the Integrated Delivery System (IDS) and other interagency
- forums that provide family medical information and referrals to base and civilian agencies. Ensures EFMP families are referred to the Airman and Family Readiness Center for additional community assistance as needed.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship with the base MPS, CSS, and with Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC).
- Actively supports the integration of EFMP-M, Exceptional Family Member Program Family Support (EFMP-FS) and Exceptional Family Member Program Assignments (EFMP-A) services at the installation.
- Provides information, appropriate contact information, and coordinates referrals as appropriate;
- Must have knowledge and skills to effectively apply SNC functions: a)Assessment b) Planning c) Facilitation d) AdvocacyLicensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - Special Needs Coordinator Job Qualifications:
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Red Cross Provider Course
- Computer competency
- Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) Degree from a CSWE accredited program
- LCSW Licensure: active, unrestricted. Any U.S. state honored.
- A minimum of two years full-time experience in care coordination, discharge planning or case management in a medical setting within the last four years;
- Knowledge and understanding of developmental growth; dynamics of
- human behavior, family, and other social systems; and impact of illness and
- disability on social functioning;
- Demonstrated abilities in program planning, implementation, and evaluation, and in conducting individual, family, group, and community assessments; Strong capability to work with service members and/or veterans and their families who are experiencing a wide range of complicated mental, emotional, behavioral, physical, psychosocial, and environmental problems;
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, AAAHC, and TJC Position contingent on contract award with an anticipated Spring start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Albuquerque , Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - Special Needs Coordinator, Healthcare , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!