PART-TIME PARAMEDIC - SANTA FE MEDICAL CENTER - ALBUQUERQUE AMBULANCE SERVICES
Company: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Posted on: February 15, 2019
About Us Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees. Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans. We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come. Job Description Type of Opportunity: Part Time (.45 to .89)FTE: 0.500000Exempt: NoWork Schedule: Varied Days and HoursLocation: Albuquerque Ambulance Services Education:
* Bachelor Degree
* Emerg Med Tech/Paramedic-NM
AAS: Current NM drivers license is required (out of state candidates have 30 days from date of hire to obtain). Must be at least 18 years of age with a driving record insurable per PHS policy. Requires certification in defensive driving techniques. Bachelors degree (any field of study) AND 10 years of direct patient care Paramedic experience OR Masters degree (any field of study) AND 5 years of direct patient care Paramedic experience. Current NM Paramedic License required. National EMD License preferred. Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions is required. 2-5 years of experience as a paramedic preferred. Current CPR and ACLS is required. Ability to type 20 wpm preferred. Current NM drivers license is required (out of state candidates have 30 days from date of hire to obtain). Must be at least 18 years of age with a driving record insurable per PHS policy. Requires certification in defensive driving techniques
Medical examiners certification/DOT certification Competencies and skills:
Performs advanced patient care within State approved scope of practice in pre-hospital, urgent care and emergency department settings. Receives emergency medical telephone calls, urgent care calls and to dispatch medical ambulance crews to designated PHS locations to provide emergency care to injured or ill patients.
Benefits Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs About New MexicoNew Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great. Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC. New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west. AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.
Keywords: Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Albuquerque , PART-TIME PARAMEDIC - SANTA FE MEDICAL CENTER - ALBUQUERQUE AMBULANCE SERVICES, Healthcare , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!