Company: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Varied Days and Hours
Responsible for all professional medical judgments and the management of care for all related inpatient consults. Will work collaboratively with the Neurology team, specialty physicians, and other facility-based healthcare professionals to ensure the highest quality of care is provided for patients admitted into the hospital
- Makes all professional medical judgments in the care of patients seen.
- Manages and oversees the physician/patient relationship.
- Participates in system-wide health management initiatives.
- Provides input into the practice site s financial, clinical, and service quality performance; budget; capital plan; and personnel issues.
- Assists in the development and implementation of clinical and service standards.
- Receives and resolves patient complaints.
- Participates in the recruitment and replacement of other providers.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, literature review, in-services, and workshops.
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Wellness programs
- Vacation Time
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing Medical Education Allowance
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.
Keywords: Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Albuquerque , MD-NEUROLOGY HOSPITALIST-CDS, Healthcare , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!