PATIENT REGISTRAR I - URGENT CARE
Company: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Posted on: February 15, 2019
About Us Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees. Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans. We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come. Job Description Type of Opportunity: Part Time (.45 to .89)FTE: 0.500000Exempt: NoWork Schedule: Varied Days and HoursLocation: PMG - Isleta Education:
High School Diploma or GED
*A minimum of nine (9) months of work experiences in office, healthcare or customer service environment is required.
*Must pass EPIC competency for Registration at completion of Epic Clerical Training class.
*Pass annual competency exam for all areas of responsibility.
*Attend Quarterly MSO meetings.
*Attend Staff meetings
*Attend Employee Forums
*Requires general knowledge of the customer encounter process which may include scheduling, registration, contract requirements, financial guidelines, coordination of services and billing process in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is done while maintaining exceptional patient experience.
*Coordinates the encounter or episode process for our patients and consumers by performing activities related to patient registration.
*Accuracy of data capture to reduce denials is paramount.
*Secure financial payment at time of service including co-insurance, copayments, residual balances, self-pay and deductible monies due.
*Illustrate insurance contract requirement knowledge and use of tools to respond to provider network questions.
*Explain documents which require patient or representative signatures.
*Use on-line tools to validate eligibility of coverage for presenting patients.
*Provides comfort rounding and communicates delays with exceptional patient experience tools.
*Begin training on Kiosk usage where applicable
*Other duties as assigned
Benefits Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs About New MexicoNew Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great. Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC. New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west. AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.
Keywords: Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Albuquerque , PATIENT REGISTRAR I - URGENT CARE, Healthcare , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!