Psychologist - Mental Health
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Couple and Family opening in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This and other psychologist jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Psychologist - Mental Health job in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The job is a civilian position is within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued!Monday-Friday daysHolidays offPTO - fantastic accrual rate10 paid Holidays Competitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans) Psychologist - Mental Health Job Overview:
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintains accurate and current mental health records for all patients, as appropriate and required.
- Participates in military specific training (e.g., training to perform Command Directed Evaluations, Medical Evaluations Board, security clearances, Military Training Instructor clearances, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress).Attends and participates in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: Quality Improvement meeting, professional staff meetings, Commander's staff meetings, Mental Health Flight meetings, and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the Mental Health Flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Provides training to other staff in areas of expertise.
- Participates in professional peer review, case conferences, research studies, or other organizations required.
- Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, as appropriate.
- Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
- Provide psychological treatment for individuals and groups; help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries.
- Assist in rehabilitation of patients. Psychologist - Mental Health Job Qualifications:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD)
- Graduate from an APA accredited college or university in clinical or counseling psychology
- Internship/Residency: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the APA
- Clinical competency
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice. Any U.S. jurisdiction.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers or American Red Cross Provider Course
- Computer Competency (Microsoft applications, computer operations, et al) Position contingent on contract award with a Spring start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Albuquerque , Psychologist - Mental Health, Healthcare , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!