Psychiatry Physician General Psychiatrist - Physicians Only Apply - Locum
Company: Loyal Source Government Services
Posted on: March 19, 2023
A Psychiatry Physician General Psychiatrist practice is seeking
a qualified physician for Albuquerque, NM. This and other physician
jobs brought to you by ExactMD. Medical Doctors Only Apply.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:The duties include but are
not limited to the following:--
- Direct Patient Care: 100% of the time involved in direct
- Scope of Care: Task order physician(s) (as appropriate and
within scope of practice/privileging) shall be responsible for
providing Psychiatrist Physician care, including, but not limited
to the following:
- Provide quality psychiatric care to a variety of patients whose
age may range from 17 years to 100+ years. The care provided will
include the activities listed below, of both clinical and
administrative scope, but is not inclusive of all the tasks
performed at this level.
- Provide psychiatric care for a variety of patients in an
outpatient behavioral health care setting to include: providing
initial psychiatric and mental health assessments, performing
health maintenance screening, providing ongoing psychiatric
management, collaborating with other members of the patient---s
treatment team to provide care, and participating the treatment
- Possess knowledge of and skill sufficient to understand
psychiatric principles, practices and procedures; patient disease
entities; medical equipment; medical materials and supplies for the
purpose of carrying out psychiatric care for a variety of patients
in an outpatient behavioral health care setting.
- Observe and provide for a safe environment for patients and
others through monitoring, reporting, and taking protective
precautions with any hazards once they are observed.
- Provide timely completion of all required clinical
documentation per policies and procedures.--
- Ensure that task order psychiatrists participate in continuous
quality improvement programs in the organization as described in
VHA Handbook 1100.19. In addition, the services to be performed by
the psychiatrist locum tenens shall be in accordance with VA
Policies and procedures, Joint Commission (JC), Federal and State
Laws, and the Regulations of the Medical Staff By-Laws of the
- Thoroughly review the PWS and become familiar with the areas of
coverage in order to become fully aware of the scope of the
requirements.-- Failure to understand these requirements shall not
relieve the Contractor from performing in accordance with the
- Possess knowledge of pharmacology.
- Promote optimal patient and family functioning with education,
offering and recording health information (i.e. Advance Directives,
Clinical Reminders) and observing patients---
- Respond to internal and external customer needs; communicate
and problems solve with interdisciplinary teams; and are
responsible to patient/customer needs. Responsible for managing the
health needs of patients with a variety of mental health conditions
including Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or serious mental
illness, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, co-morbid substance use
- Possess skills, knowledge and expertise to work independently
or in a team setting.
- Participate in care planning meetings when conducted. Patient
care is required for new and established veteran referrals. Such
care includes examinations, general history, evaluation,
prescribing medications from the Veterans Affairs (VA) formulary,
diagnosis, treatment, etc.
- Manage scheduled and unscheduled patients in a clinical
- Follow all established medication policies and procedures. No
sample medications shall be provided to patients.
- Address and close all clinical reminders as medically
- Enter their own notes, code their patient visits and encounters
(including history, evaluation, findings, recommendations, requests
for laboratory and x-ray studies, etc.) via Computerized Patient
Record System (CPRS). Encounter forms shall include CPT codes,
diagnosis, service connection and all required fields. Patient
encounters shall be closed out within twenty-four (24) hours of
patient appointment date. Timely documentation of patient care,
coding, encounter closures and administrative work shall be
completed in accordance with VAMC policy.
- Attend new employee orientation and service level orientation
prior to the commencement of work.
Keywords: Loyal Source Government Services, Albuquerque , Psychiatry Physician General Psychiatrist - Physicians Only Apply - Locum, Healthcare , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...