Pathologists' Assistant (PA)
Company: Ansible Government Solutions
Posted on: March 17, 2023
OverviewAnsible Government Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is currently
recruiting Pathologists' Assistants to support the Raymond G.
Murphy VA Medical Center located at 1501 San Pedro Dr. SE,
Albuquerque, NM 87108. The services will be delivered on a Per Diem
basis, scheduled in advance (normally in 4-hour blocks). The
services will focus on the performance of autopsies, but grossing
duties may be required on occasion. An exceptional Per Diem hourly
pay rate is available for this position.Ansible Government
Solutions, LLC (Ansible) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small
Business (SDVOSB) providing Federal customers with solutions in
many arenas. Our customers face wide-ranging challenges in the
fields of national security, health care, and information
technology. To address these challenges, we employ intelligent and
committed staff who take care of our customers' success as if it is
- Assists in all aspects of anatomic pathology.
- Performs specialized tests including histochemical and
immunohistochemical stains and cytometry and interpreting the
results. Researches, evaluates, orders, and implements new
equipment and procures related supplies. Photographs for teaching
purposes. Investigates and resolves problems related to Anatomic
Pathology. Performs SNOMED and other required Anatomic pathology
workload coding. Adjusts work procedures and routines to
accommodate resource allocation decisions made at the executive
- Laboratory Inspection: Reviews regulatory criteria, ensuring
all procedures and protocols are maintained up to date with
regulatory criteria, prepares work areas for inspection, and
participate in the inspection process.
- Plays a leading role in the education and training of residents
in pathology, other medical specialties, and medical students,
regarding the practice of Anatomic Pathology and autopsy. Provides
instruction at the bench and through discussion or relevant topics.
Evaluates, selects, organizes, and adapts educational, training and
resource materials for teaching programs. Creates special study
rotations to introduce new technologies and process.
- Continuing medical education: Teaches other health care workers
including technicians, technologists, nurses, students and
administrative personnel about Anatomic Pathology.
- Protocol development: Under the supervision of pathologist
participates in the development of Anatomic pathology
- Quality Assurance: Assists in the collection, reporting and
interpretation of data for Anatomic Pathology QA programs,
participates in the PALMS QA committee, making recommendations as
needed, and directs and implements quality improvement initiatives
approved by the committee.
- Orientation and training: Participates in the orientation and
training of new employees, residents, and students.
- Performs all elements of gross examination and sectioning of
every type of surgical pathology specimen.
- Provides description of tissue received from surgery including
noting size, color, consistency and anatomic orientation.
- Cuts specimens to present optimal specimen detection for
microscopic examination, pathologic diagnosis and cancer
- Removes and dissects visceral organs, brain and spinal cord in
order to demonstrate the presence or absence of disease and/or
- Performs autopsies, with or without an autopsy assistant by
correlating of the gross pathology with the patient's clinical
presentation, preparation of external and internal
- Prepares the body for pickup by a funeral home; orders special
studies (e.g., cultures, histochemical and immunohistochemical
stains, electron microscopy), and provide interpretation.
- Prepares frozen tissue sections and other tissue sections
within or outside of the histology department.
- Performs on complex instruments such as cryostat, cameras, and
automatic tissue processor, IHC, which including technical and
mechanical indicators of malfunction, sufficient to locate and
- Maintains regulatory compliance including reviews regulatory
criteria, ensuring all procedures and protocols are maintained up
to date with regulatory criteria.
- Oversees the morgue for adherence to facility and regulator
safety, quality control and privacy regulations.
- Acts as a key contact person for pathologists, grossing and
histology staff to identify problem areas and recommend changes to
- Provides an interpretation of the patient cases to the anatomic
pathology supervisor and pathologists.
- Perform and document quality control, quality assurance and
corrective actions related to test performance using sound
statistical principles and theories of performance
- Enters and verifies laboratory results in the computer system.
Recognize deviations from expected results; analyze and correct
problems using scientific principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned relating to the
responsibilities of pathology assistant.Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or
university in an academic field related to the health sciences or
allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
- Graduated from a National Accrediting agency for Clinical
Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) accredited Pathologist's Assistant
training program and/or a current Fellow of the American
Association of Pathologist's Assistants (AAPA).
- A current license/certification with either AAPA, ASCP, or a
designated Department of Health.
- A current CV which identifies the provider's education and
professional qualifications commensurate with the position for
which they are being offered to perform.
- At least one year of Pathologists' Assistant experience is
required. -VA experience is desirable.All candidates must be able
- Sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, and reach above
shoulders during the work shift
- Lift up to 50 lbs from floor to waist
- Lift up to 20 lbs
- Carry up to 40 lbs a reasonable distance
- Push/pull with 30 lbs of forcePowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ansible Government Solutions, Albuquerque , Pathologists' Assistant (PA), Healthcare , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...