Company: Jet Health Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Registered Nurse - Home Health
Sign-On Bonus Available!
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home health care
and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health
education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the
resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the
needs of individual and families within their homes and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIESPatient Care
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessments of
patient and family to determine home health needs. Provides a
complete physical assessment and history of current and previous
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
- Assesses and evaluates patient's status by:
- Writing and initiating plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
- Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the
patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
the physician in the physician's plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and
facilitates the patient's efforts toward self-sufficiency and
optional comfort care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and
assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical
notes regarding patient's condition and care given. Records
pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives
physicians' orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to
coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques
as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as
ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities
for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works
in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members
in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice
Interdisciplinary Group Members to meet the emotional needs of the
patient and family/caregiver.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.Additional Duties
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are available.
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and
maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills
through attendance and participation in continuing education and
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice
professional nursing in the state.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good
- Minimum of two years experience, at lease one of which is in
the area of public health, home care, or hospice nursing is
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and
written communications; nursing skills per competency
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position, and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and
equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling,
and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required
Keywords: Jet Health Inc., Albuquerque , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!