Company: University of New Mexico Medical Group
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Sign on Bonus $7,500.00 with two year commitment plus $2,500.00
retention paid at third year for a third year commitment.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and
objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety,
environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Prepares written documentation as required by the profession
and the department, such as evaluation results, individualized
treatment plans, progress reports, and other such reports.
- Delivers a prescribed and planned course of radiation therapy
to patients; obtains patient history, answers patient questions,
and explains procedure; observes patient for any unusual reactions
or events during treatment.
- Checks prescription, diagnosis, chart, and patient
identification, ensuring accurate treatments.
- Schedules patients for treatments; interfaces with physicist at
initiation of treatment; consults with supportive care physicians,
nurses, and social workers.
- Prepares room and equipment for patient; transfers immobilized
patient from stretcher to treatment couch, giving special care to
catheters, IVs, oxygen, respirator, chest tubes, and other life
support; positions patient in prescribed anatomical positions for
- Reinforces recommendations given to patient by the physician,
dietitian, or other care provider, concerning reaction to treatment
and care of the irradiated area, and prevention or treatment of
generalized and local side effects.
- Performs verification and port film exposures for all treated
areas and makes corrections or changes to therapy as directed by
- Participates in the clinical instruction and supervision of
radiation therapy students.
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned About our
Radiation Oncology Department: Three accelerators consisting of two
Elektas and 1 Tomotherapy. A Siemens CT scanner, GE ultrasound,
CRad system plus Eclipse, Tomo and Monaco treatment planning
systems. SRS, SBRT, IMRT, 3D and 2D treatment delivery. A future
expansion will include two new accelerators.YourMembership.
Keywords: Radiation Therapist, Location: Albuquerque, NM -
Keywords: University of New Mexico Medical Group, Albuquerque , Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!