Company: Encompass health
Posted on: October 16, 2020
DIETITIAN - PRN
The Dietitian plans therapeutic diets and confers with patients,
doctors, nursing staff and patient family members concerning these
diets. The position monitors Nutrition Services provided to
patients to ensure that standards of care are met in accordance
with all associated regulatory agencies and the administrative
policies of the hospital. The Dietitian instructs patients in diets
for home use prior to discharge and as outpatients. The Dietitian
monitors past and present nutritional status and makes
recommendations to the health care team based on available data. To
ensure the accuracy of food production as related to modified
diets, the Dietitian acts in a supervisory capacity, as needed and
performs other project assignments.
Job Code: 100074
License or Certification:
- Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the
American Dietetic Association
- Must be licensed as a Registered Dietitian as applicable per
- Member of the American Dietetic Association preferred
Total Education, Vocational Training and Experience:
- Bachelor Science or advanced degree from an accredited
institution, with a major in Food & Nutrition preferred.
- One year experience in Clinical Dietetics preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 50 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and
repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested
when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds
these minimum requirements.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for
patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- May be exposed to hot, cold temperature extremes, noise, wet,
slippery, hot surfaces, sharp objects, live steam.
- May be exposed to hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- May be exposure to high and low temperature extremes and exposed
to extremely hot kitchen equipment.
- OSHA Classification II - Dietitian position tasks normally do not
involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, but may require
performing unplanned Category I tasks, which might have a potential
for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids,
tissues or potential splashes. Exposure or potential exposure may
be required as a condition of employment.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessibility.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 7000 Jefferson Northeast, Albuquerque 87109
Shift: Day Job
Schedule: PRN / Pool / As Needed
Job ID: 2024631
Keywords: Encompass health, Albuquerque , Dietitian, Healthcare , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!