MARKET CENTER MANAGER
Company: Sandia Resort & Casino
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Position Summary Manages the day-to-day operations of Bien Mur
Market Center and Gift Shop. Maintains/implements company policy
and procedures. Delegates/supervises administrative, retail duties
and functions of staff. Supervision Exercised Under the supervision
of the Bien Mur General Manager. Supervises the Sales Floor
Coordinator, Gift Shop Buyer, and Sales Team Members. Major Duties
- Responsible for full financial accountability for all profit
and loss centers within the Bien Mur Market Center and Gift
- Spends considerable time in the operations MBWA (Management By
- Develops strategies to improve Guest service, increase store
sales and increase profitability.
- Ensures Guest needs are met, complaints are resolved, and
service is quick and efficient.
- Ensures all products and displays are merchandised effectively
to maximize sales and profitability.
- Forecasts staffing needs and develops a recruiting strategy to
provide optimal staffing in all areas.
- Develops business plans and coordinates marketing plans with
the Resort Marketing department to increase visibility to public
and ultimately increase profit.
- Ensure all invoices and coordinates payment with accounting
- Responsible for merchandising products in the market
- Develops and Maintains policy and procedures and handling Guest
transactions including shipping and handling.
- Develops procedures for inventory audits.
- Coordinates/performs a multiple range of support activities,
projects, deadlines, and assignments for Bien Mur Market Center and
- Managing and overseeing sales Team Members' activities,
functions and scheduling.
- Coordinates and maintains all aspects of Guest and vendor
- Coordinates administrative support, problem solving, and
- Coordinates timely responses to a variety of written inquires.
Drafts/edits correspondence from personnel knowledge and/or
- Possesses sales capabilities to fill in as necessary, i.e.
lunch breaks, absences, trade shows, or periods of high Guest
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties and assignments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong business knowledge which includes Native American Arts
and Crafts, customs, and traditions.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects and meet
deadlines consistently in a fast-paced business environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding all aspects retail
operations-maintaining operational budget.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Excellent public relations skills-pleasant and outgoing with
the ability to deal effectively with both Guests and staff.
- Must have excellent Guest service skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Must have excellent retail selling skills.
- The ability to teach and coach sales Team Members in proper
- The ability to make prudent purchasing decisions.
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures. Minimum
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma, or GED Certification.
- Five (5) years retail management experience including three (3)
years in Native American Jewelry and Art retail sales management.
- Bachelor's degree. Licensing Status
- Must be able to successfully pass a stringent background
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug
screening. Working Conditions
- Work normally performed indoors, weekdays, weekends, and
- Work requires normal dexterity while walking, climbing stairs,
squatting, bending, standing, sitting, and lifting.
- Working requires traveling off premises for buying, competitive
evaluation, and trade shows.
Keywords: Sandia Resort & Casino, Albuquerque , MARKET CENTER MANAGER, Executive , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!