Assistant Director of Cloud Applications
Company: Albuquerque Public Schools
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Supervises the Cloud Application team and works with the team to
periodically review current systems and methods, examine techniques
in use and determine appropriate changes to drive improvements,
reduce costs, and/or enhance efficiency in pursuit of
organizational goals. This position supports all APS staff,
traditional APS schools and APS authorized charter schools.
- Under limited supervision, provides day to day management of
all aspects of the technology Infrastructure operations ensuring
that appropriate project management standards and IT governance
processes are utilized and reported for all implementation
- Fosters and cultivates teamwork as well as cross-team and
cross-department collaboration and communication at all levels,
both within Technology and throughout the organization as a whole
for the betterment of district goals.
- Develops the overall strategy for Technology application
components, which include vision, development, implementation,
support, troubleshooting, along with vendor oversight and
maintenance with a focus on business/instructional integration and
- Responsible for oversight and configuration of the Technology
Application systems, including configuration and monitoring to
ensure proper maintenance of all systems.
- Ensures that appropriate project management standards and IT
governance processes are utilized and reported for all
- Highly technical resource in the Application management field,
with extensive experience in configuring, installing, monitoring,
and supporting technology applications.
- Creates and provides detailed written documentation on all
systems and support processes.
- Manages staff by determining priorities and workloads,
determines schedules, monitors and evaluates staff and makes hiring
and termination recommendations; performs ongoing performance
management as required.
- Works with the Assistant Director of Technology Applications on
- Reviewing technical architecture requirements for applications,
managing complex implementations, interfacing with internal clients
and ensuring sound deployments.
- Establishes and documents a thorough Application Management
process in alignment with industry best practices.
- Establish a robust set of key performance indicators and
tracking reports that provide a clear view of the performance of
the team and drive improvements in service and operations.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Highly technical resource in the Cloud Service Applications
management field, configuring, installing, monitoring, and
supporting components in a large educational environment
- 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making, and problem-solving
- Knowledge of APS community, computer system, financial and
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong Project Management & Leadership skills.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to provide
strategic direction to a team.
- Strong initiative, demonstrated an ability to motivate people
- Demonstrated planning and project management processes.
- ITIL certification. PMP or comparable certification.
- Must have strong technical and communication skills.
- Knowledge/management of IT Service Management systems.
- Knowledge/management of Device Management systems.
- Knowledge/management of Unified Communication systems.
- Knowledge/management of Voicemail systems.
- Knowledge/management of Google systems, console, Gmail, vault,
- Knowledge/management of Google Applications for Education
- Knowledge/management of Microsoft O365 platform.
- Knowledge/management of Microsoft Exchange.
- Knowledge/management of Assessment applications.
- Knowledge/management of Educational Web 2.0 applications.
- Knowledge/management of Single Sign-On systems.
- Knowledge/management of Wireless systems.
- This role requires a hands-on, flexible, responsive,
service-oriented leader with strong technical skills to guide the
district from acquisition, to management, to distribution.
- Associates or Certificate in Information Technology, Business
or related field and four years direct technology support
experience OR eight years direct technology support experience of
which two years were in a form of managing cloud applications.
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Ability to effectively lead a team of technically-skilled
employees in an educational setting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent skills in data displays and interpretation and report
writing and presentations.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; prioritize
work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities.
- Problem-solving and root cause analysis.
- Analytical with attention to details.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative, and objective critical
thinking skills CONTACT INFORMATION: Contact: Jo Salway/Jason
Johnson at / APPLY TO:Apply to . District Support. A cover letter
and resume must be submitted prior to 4:00 PM on the closing date
of the advertisement for the application to be considered complete.
ADDITIONAL INFO: GRADE / LEVEL: 12 SALARY: $63,795 DAYS: 256 HOURS:
8 START DATE: June 2019 ADA Compliance
Keywords: Albuquerque Public Schools, Albuquerque , Assistant Director of Cloud Applications, Executive , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!