HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Company: Sandia Resort And Casino
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Performs highly responsible work in planning, organizing,
directing and evaluating the Pueblo of Sandia's Human Resources
programs and services. Work involves the development of a broad
program of human resource planning, reporting and service, in the
areas of organizational development and training, employment
services, benefit and compensation services, and employee relations
and performance management. Performs related duties as
required.Supervision ExercisedReports to the Governor of Sandia
PuebloSupervises the following:
- Compensation Manager
- Employee Relations Manager
- Employment Programs Manager
- Training Manager
- Benefits ManagerMajor Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and directs the Pueblo's human resources
program which includes such functions as employment services,
benefit administration, training and development, classification
and compensation and employee relations.
- Formulates and directs the implementation of human resources
policies, procedures, and processes consistent with tribal, federal
and state regulations.
- Develops, implements and maintains job classification,
compensation plans and salary administration plans.
- Directs the Pueblos' workforce planning and recruitment
methodologies in order to attract, retain and motivate a competent
- Assists in the recommendation, design, and implementation and
monitoring of a computerized reporting system to maintain
consistency, measure program effectiveness and increase
departmental efficiency related to the Pueblo-wide human resources
- Prepares, administers and monitors departmental budget.
- Prepares, evaluates Request for Proposals for various insurance
contracts and negotiates most favorable rates for the Pueblo.
- Develops, interprets and recommends program goals and
objectives, policies, procedures and course of action.
- Oversees grievance and complaint processes and appeals; serves
as internal consultant to managers/supervisors regarding
performance management issues.
- Monitors and reviews exit interview information and identifies
trends and recommends course of action to reduce turnover.
- Evaluates a variety of data and information, prepares reports,
makes presentations to Council, outside agencies,
departments/entities as required.
- Oversees the maintenance of all HR records including benefit
enrollment billings, reconciliations, worker's compensation, COBRA,
FMLA, pension plans, as well as all HR transactions to include
selection, promotion, transfer, terminations, performance reviews,
- All other duties as assignedKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to strategically position Human Resources
and maintain a quality customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational
skills, creative problem solving abilities.
- Dynamic leadership skills: must be technologically
- Ability to handle multiple activities, projects and priorities
in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop, implement methods and procedures for
improving and facilitating human resource processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with Tribal Council, managers/directors, employees
and general public from diverse ethnic and socio-economic
backgrounds.Requirements:Minimum Qualifications, Education and
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources
or related field of study and ten (10) years progressively
responsible experience in one or more of the traditional HR
functions in a large complex organization. Any combination of
education from an accredited college or university in a related
field and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling fourteen
(14) years, five (5) years of which must have been in the vice
president or director level, may substitute for the required
education and experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico
Keywords: Sandia Resort And Casino, Albuquerque , HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR, Executive , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!