Grants Manager (Outgoing)
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Mozilla Foundation is a nonprofit public benefit
organization. Our mission is to ensure that the Internet is a
global public resource, open and accessible to all. Join us and
become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and
Twenty years ago, this meant building a browser and protecting the
open web. Today, it also includes making sure AI and data driven
technology is more trustworthy. In order to focus on places where
Mozilla can impact the next era of our work, we are increasingly
working on the topic of trustworthy AI. For us, this means
especially two things: human agency is a core part of how AI is
built and integrated, and corporate accountability is real and
The Mozilla Foundation is seeking a Grants Manager (Outgoing) to
manage the Foundation's outgoing grant making processes. The Grants
Manager (Outgoing) will be a member of the Finance & Operations
team and report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
As a Grants Manager at Mozilla, you will---
- Administer Mozilla Foundation's outgoing grant making processes
and procedures in partnership with program, finance, legal, and
other key stakeholders, ensure that Mozilla's grantmaking processes
concur with its policies and goals of the organization. These
- Review and approve payments to grantees on an ongoing basis in
order to ensure the appropriate allocation of expenses and serve as
an approver in bill.com for such payments.
- Respond to applicant inquiries, and process and track the
status of awards and fellowship agreements and payments.
- Support Mozilla's budgeting and forecasting process by
providing the Senior Finance Analyst with up-to-date information on
pending or planned grants.
- Monitor the grant pipeline to help resolve any issues and
ensure timely processing of awards and fellowships.
- Ensure that Mozilla's grantmaking complies with IRS
regulations, Mozilla policies, and external funder requirements:
- Coordinate grant agreement processing, report reviews, and
amendment requests with Program Officers, external tax counsel, and
- Conduct initial due diligence review, which includes gathering
information from program officers and applicants as needed and
assessing supporting documents and proposal narrative for
compliance with relevant IRS regulations and Mozilla and external
funder policies; identify potential compliance issues with internal
and external legal counsel and propose recommended solutions; draft
grant agreements and liaise with external tax counsel to review
agreements and raise/discuss concerns, ensuring follow-up with
program officers and applicants/grantees as needed.
- Advise Program Officers on structuring grants and grant
programs, compliance, and risk management.
- Partner with Incoming Grants Manager to review and develop
subaward budgets that align with outgoing funding procedures.
- Monitor and review grantee reports to ensure compliance with
relevant IRS regulations and Mozilla and external funder
- Partner with key Department decision-makers and managers and
lead the development and implementation of processes and procedures
that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the outgoing
grants management platform:
- Evaluate current outgoing grants management processes and lead
the development & implementation of new processes and platform
- Oversee outward grants management schedule and set & implement
deadlines & milestones for key outgoing grants programs.
- Work with key Department decision makers to structure processes
and procedures that strategically align with Department's goals and
- Serve as the grants management system administrator (along with
the Grants Administrator):
- Work with the Fellowship and Awards Program Officers to
maintain the integrity of data in Fluxx, ensuring that we have an
accurate record of Mozilla's grantmaking and its impact.
- Oversee, in partnership with Fellowship and Awards Program
Officers and Leadership, ongoing initiatives to improve the quality
of data generated from Fluxx platform.
- Manage contractor relationships that support grants management
- Stay up-to-date on Fluxx updates and upgrades, troubleshooting
and testing implications for our Fluxx instance and integrating new
features as needed.
- Provide technical support to staff and grantees who are using
- Create customized reports for internal and external
stakeholders using datasets from Fluxx.
- Update Fluxx forms and workflows as needed for Mozilla's grant
- Create and update Fluxx instructional manuals for staff.
- Train staff on how to use Fluxx and maintain the integrity of
data in the system.
- Manage the Grants Administrator:
- Oversee and develop the Grants Administrator, who will provide
support for the above and related grants management processes.
- The Grants Administrator will also provide support to the
Contracts Management function. In partnership with the Contracts
Manager, prioritize the work of the Grants Administrator so that
their Grants Management and Contracts Management deliverables are
completed in a timely manner.
Your Professional Profile
- A minimum of 7 years of grants management experience of which 5
years are related to outgoing grants management; should have a
strong understanding of grants processes and related compliance
issues, particularly as it relates to grantmaking by 501(c)(3)
- Knowledge and strong experience with grants management systems
and platforms. Experience as a Fluxx system administrator strongly
- Led the development and implementation of new grants management
processes and procedures
- Knowledge and application of best practices in grant
- Exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to evaluate, improve, manage, and maintain systems and
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to
balance competing priorities.
- Ability to cooperate and work collaboratively toward
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse partners,
internally and externally.
- Dedication to service and support for members of our team;
timely response to requests and follow-up as needed.
Salary And Benefits Information
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable
compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and
market-based salary that takes into consideration the
responsibilities and requirements of the role. We aim to offer at
the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing
inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal
equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories
in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, along with mid-point, for this role in each
of the key countries in which we employ staff is listed below. We
target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint
for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a
- Germany: ---77,973 - ---95,300 (mid-point: ---86,637)
- UK: -46,884 - -57,302 (mid-point: -52,093)
- Canada: $89,666 - $109,591 (mid-point: $99,629)
- US: $84,308 - $103,043 (mid-point: $93,675)
Depending on the successful candidate's location, we may also add
in a geographic differential to this base salary that accounts for
local job market weighting. This differential is applied to the
above ranges depending on the successful candidate's location.
Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along
with representative examples of salary ranges, along with
mid-point, with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: -51,103 - -62,459 (mid-point: -56,781)
- Toronto: $96,749 - $118,249 (mid-point: $107,499)
- New York: $93,412 - $114,171 (mid-point: $103,791)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening
conversations if your application is successful.
We Offer The Following Benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Maternity and Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and
forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core
mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members
of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not
limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with
disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender
identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation at
Keywords: Mozilla, Albuquerque , Grants Manager (Outgoing), Executive , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!