MANAGER - QUALITY PROGRAM
Company: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:Job DescriptionFull Time FTE: 1.0Exempt: YesWork
Schedule: Varied Days and HoursSummary:Responsible for Socorro
General Hospital's Quality Program including Clinical Quality,
Patient Safety and Regulatory/Accreditation compliance. Performs
analysis, planning, implementation, and evaluation of program-level
focused initiatives that promote SGH quality strategies and
priorities. Leads and participates in cross functional teams;
facilitates process redesign, performs project audits and completes
them, and presents results to various leaders and stakeholder
- Plans, develops, coordinates, implements and evaluates quality
- Lead the development of facility measures (Performance
Measurement scorecards and dashboards).
- Uses appropriate data display and statistical tools to
interpret data for decision making.
- Interfaces with various SGH departments and PHS entities to
gather, measure, analyze, and interpret data from multiple sources
in support of clinical programs in patient safety and clinical
- Prepares and presents data interpretation and recommendations
to clinical programs and to appropriate committees and groups at a
level understood by the intended audience.
- Leads or directs in identifying, designing and documenting
appropriate analytical solutions by defining, creating, evaluating
and selecting or recommending appropriate alternatives.
- Develops quality improvement solutions in a variety of settings
with highly variable/diverse groups of individuals.
- Advises and educates in the design and development of sampling
mechanisms used for various initiatives.
- Provides support with database and spreadsheet development
along with the needed infrastructure maintenance.
- Serves as a resource/educator to other employees regarding data
collection, action plan development, database and spreadsheet use
and maintenance.QUALITY MANAGER SGH continued
- Serves as resource/educator to other employees regarding
application of computer technology to the work of continuous
quality improvement and patient safety.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills,
including the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and
target communication to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Ability to effectively express technical concepts both verbally and
- Coordinates project data analysis in support of initiatives
that are prioritized by the SGH Quality/Patient Safety/Regulatory
Committee and identified in the Quality Plan.
- Uses established quality and process improvement methods,
techniques and tools to document and maintain all deliverables
created in accordance with department policies.
- Facilitates and leads the development and deployment of action
plans or projects utilizing appropriate quality, process
improvement, and project management tools
- Ability to work in a team environment, take and give direction
and follow through, compromise, negotiate and achieve consensus
decisions, support consensus decisions, be flexible and adaptable
to changes in assignments and the work environment, work
independently, manage time efficiently and multi-task
- Facilitates access to data for clinical program administrators,
medical directors, and others needing information.
- Assumes oversight and facilitates the OPPE/FPPE and Medical
Staff peer review process.
- Responsible for the oversight of patient safety issues,
conducts sentinel/serious clinical event investigation (Patient
Safety Investigations) and root cause analysis of events and
reports clinical event investigations to the appropriate
- Working with the Director of Regional Quality and Director of
PDS EOC and Accreditation and Regulatory Readiness ensures a campus
wide effective preparation and response program that meets
Regulatory and Accreditation standards, including the provision of
- Supports development of automated routine reports for
population of data for internal and external reports and
- Attends Quality, Patient Safety and Regulatory meetings to
include: the Clinical Outcome Committee (COT), Regional Quality
Meetings, Patient Safety Investigation (PSI) team meetings, SCERT
Committee meeting as appropriate, PDS-CRP committee, SGH Board
Quality meeting and the SGH Board.
- Represents SGH on the Presbyterian Clinical Excellence Network
and process management committees.
- Management of Employee Health and Infection Control staff and
others as assigned.Qualifications:One to three years experience in
areas relating to the Quality Process.Requires entry level
knowledge of health care quality management, a working knowledge of
clinical practice and entry level knowledge of data and statistical
analysis and presentation. Knowledge of state, federal regulations,
Joint Commission accreditation standards preferred.Education:
Bachelors Degree required.Benefits:Benefits are effective day-one
(for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programsAbout
UsPresbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned,
not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide
health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in
New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with
approximately 11,000 employees.Presbyterian's story is really the
story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here.
Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the
hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and
other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis
sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than
700,000 New Mexicans.We are part of New Mexico's history - and
committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just
as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to
come.About New MexicoNew Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican
and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich
lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los
Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space,
and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people,
places and experiences that make this state great.Cities in New
Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to
work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and
other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide
ERC.New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to
explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten
path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to
the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing,
snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful
wonders of the west.AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and
tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.#CC123
Keywords: Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Albuquerque , MANAGER - QUALITY PROGRAM, Executive , Socorro, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!