Admin Assistant 3/Store Manager
Company: University of New Mexico
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Admin Assistant 3
Admin Assistant 3/Store Manager
The Maxwell Museum ofAnthropology is seeking an experienced
Administrative Assistant 3 to join theirdepartment. This
specialized position also dual responsibilities serving as
themanager of the Museum Gift Store. As the oldest public museum in
Albuquerque,the Maxwell brings more than 50,000 visitors per year
to the UNM campus and hasthe only museum on campus with a retail
gift store. Have fun, work in anawesome museum location, and put
your administrative and retail managementexperience to work for an
Duties include performing and /or overseeing a variety of
associated administrative, fiscal, staff support, and planning
- Serves as back up to Unit Administrator and Director
- Phones, mail, service work orders, purchasing for staff,
parking passes for guests & volunteers
Budget administration and control, inventory management,
specialized record keeping and database management, and/or
specified information-gathering projects and tasks.
- Operate and maintain store computer systems (POS system
- Bar coding merchandise
- Museum Store Inventory
- Google analytics
- Website and social media updates and processing online
- Ensure compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss
prevention, inventory control and cash handling
- Purchasing liaison with local artists and vendors
Coordinates and facilities meetings, program functions, and /or
special events, as appropriate.
- Assist with event planning for museums openings, auctions, fund
raising events etc.
- Room rentals
- Scheduling security for museum events and rentals
- Meeting scribe for committee and staff meetings
Trains and oversees lower graded staff and/or students.
- Assist with staffing, scheduling, hiring and training lower
level staff and students
- Entering employee and student timekeeping and leave reports in
May coordinate specified administrative activities and reporting
across multiple organizational units within a department
Applicants must be available for some events that will fall in the
evenings, n weekends and very rarely on holidays.
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
- If this position is assigned to the Athletics Department,
either administratively or functionally, compliance with all NCAA
rules and regulations is required.
- Employees who provide services or work in patient care or
clinical areas are required to be in compliance with the
University's influenza vaccination requirement.
- All regular, non-temporary positions assigned to this
classification are represented by a labor union and subject to the
terms and conditions of the US-UNM Collective Bargaining
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly
related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above
the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience
on a year for year basis.
- Retail and cash management experience including PCI compliance
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management
- Extensive customer service skills
- UNM Banner Finance (purchasing, payroll)
- Hiring and supervising lower-level staff and students
- Adobe Photoshop, photography
- Website development
- Inventory management
- Familiarity with UNM business policies and procedures
Main - Albuquerque, NM
Maxwell Museum (937B)
Regular - Full-Time
Term End Date
$11.64 - $17.29/hr
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico
provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical,
dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers
educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent
education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more
Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage
of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn
retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico
Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More
information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be
reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
Background Check Required
For Best Consideration Date
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will
be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd
party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Please include a cover letter and at least 3 references.
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible
for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference
Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status,
disability, or any other protected class.
Keywords: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque , Admin Assistant 3/Store Manager, Executive , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!