Director, Broadband Business Development
Posted on: May 5, 2021
General Purpose and Scope We are looking for a well-connected,
relational Director of Broadband Business Development for the State
of NV (your Territory). An ideal candidate is a known, respected
individual that resides in or near the Territory and knows the "lay
of the land", understanding the current communications services
providers, rural electric cooperatives and other entities that own
fiber and other assets. The BD Director will assess, pursue, and
develop relationship with parties in their Territory for the
purpose of advancing the development of the Geoverse Regional
Broadband Network as well Rural Broadband retail operations in the
counties & towns targeted by Geoverse. Additionally, the BD
Director will monitor Federal, State and Local grant and other
funding opportunities to advance the Rural Broadband efforts of
Geoverse. The responsibilities of the BD Director include
recommending ways to improve operations planning, attending
meetings with clients and advisors, and notifying partners of key
business developments. You should also be able to assess business
risks by analyzing financial, statistical, and economic data. To be
successful as a BD Director, you should be persuasive and have
strong business acumen. Ultimately, an exceptional Director of
Business Development should be adept at negotiating sound business
deals and partnerships as well as demonstrate excellent
communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills. Duties and
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Establish healthy relationships with communication services
providers in your territory, identifying supplier and partnership
- Establish healthy relationships with State and Rural Electric
Coops, identifying opportunities to leverage these rights of way
and assets to advance Geoverse's business objectives.
- Identify opportunities to secure assets that could advance the
deployment of our Regional Fiber Network
- Identify local partnership opportunities with Counties/Towns to
advance their Broadband services.
- Identify acquisition candidates that Geoverse should consider.
- Monitor Federal, State and Local grant opportunities applicable
to Geoverse that advance access to Broadband services, working
closely with our Government Relations team.
- Collaborate with the broader Business Development team to share
strategies, opportunities and approaches
- Capture, track, and update Opportunities in Salesforce.com
- Work closely with Enterprise Sales (Geoverse Business
Solutions), the Broadband Infrastructure Development Team and other
Geoverse business units to coordinate successful pursuit of
- Travelling extensively within the Territory to meet with
customers and partners.
- Reporting to the SVP & GM of Geoverse Rural Broadband Required
- 7+ years of domain expertise assigned geographic
- Demonstrated understanding of the players in the Territory.
- Outstanding technical and analytical competency for leading
discussions on emerging domains and value propositions.
- Ability to build relationships and direct/manage the internal
product management and R&D teams to enhance and/or augment
portfolio solutions to meet the needs of the customer.
- Innovative, creative, and can partner with service providers
and local communities to advance the broadband capabilities in the
communities we serve.
- Excellent written, speaking, and listening skills; possessing
the ability to communicate effectively and at all levels across the
- Clear motivation to help close the digital divide in Rural
- Demonstrated ability to establish and manage strong business
- Self-driven and self-motivated leader.
- Team player and keen learner.
- Strong business acumen Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/Disabled ? Applicants must be authorized to work
for any employer in the US. ATN and its subsidiary companies are
unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at
Keywords: Geoverse, Albuquerque , Director, Broadband Business Development, Executive , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!