Director of Aircraft Maintenance
Company: STS Technical Services
Posted on: May 4, 2021
STS Technical Services is hiring a Director of Aircraft
Maintenance in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Our client is an Albuquerque-based company operating four DC10
aircraft Title 14 CFR part 91. They are seeking personnel with good
communication, time management, and budgeting skills.
- Experience in narrow / wide body transport category aircraft
with knowledge in aircraft certification and Title 14 CFR parts 91,
121, 145. Strong back ground in systems, power plant, structures,
and avionics is desired.
- Direct, manage, and schedule aircraft routine, non-routine,
line, and check maintenance.
- Direct manage, and schedule maintenance/inspection staff.
- Ensure compliance with company policy, manuals, and
- Adept in technical manuals, drawings, modifications, and other
various forms of documentation, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver license and passport.
- Must be able to clear 10 year background check, drug and
alcohol initial with periodic random.
- Must possess a valid A&P license. Full Job Details:
This individual will be responsible for the evaluation, performance
and management of aircraft maintenance. Provides professional
recommendations associated with maintaining the aircraft's market
value and upkeep related to asset management, and ensures
airworthiness of assigned aircraft. The manager also maintains
current technical proficiency and education of aircraft and
regulatory requirements. Flexible work schedule is required to meet
flight profile mission, which may require periodic travel both
domestic and international.
Maintains industry, business, company and customer relationships.
The estimated time allocations for these assignments are 35-40%
performing maintenance, 35-40% performing asset management and 20%
oversight and supervisory duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance management of assigned
- Ensuring airworthiness as defined within 14 CFR, FAR 91 and FAR
137, by researching permanent records, maintenance tracking
program, FAA Airworthiness Directives and Manufacturer's Service
Bulletins/Customer Bulletins for assigned aircraft
- Familiar working knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations,
industry best practices, OSHA and IS-BAO requirements
- Complies with internal company policies and procedures outlined
within the General Maintenance Manual (GMM), Maintenance Procedures
Manual (MPM) or any company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Communicates effectively and accurately with the client,
vendors and other internal departments.
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports any unsafe
- Performs quality maintenance, preventive maintenance and
inspections to conform within the standards established by the
company, Federal regulation and industry best practices achieving
the highest reliability goals
- Troubleshoots reported discrepancies and handles complex
- Responsible for management of the maintenance inspection
requirements per CFR 91.409 or approved inspection program
- Provides technical support, as needed, in support of assigned
- Reviews and ensures all required entries into the aircraft
logbooks and permanent records are accurate and preserved in
accordance with company and FAA requirements
- Updates and interfaces with Computerized Maintenance Tracking
- Procurement of parts and materials
- Perform maintenance planning along with the management
oversight of inspections, repairs and modifications
- Ensures timely scheduling of maintenance in order to least
impact client's flight schedule and provide for high degree of
- Proactively provides recommendations for modifications and
upgrades, as necessary.
- Obtains vendor proposals for upcoming maintenance packages
- Establishes contracts, publications, and subscriptions
- Preparation of an annual maintenance budget for assigned
- Reviews and approves invoices generated for assigned aircraft.
Reconciles invoices with vendors and process to accounting
department for payment
- Maintains a purchase order log for all expenditures on assigned
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed Supervisory
This job may have internal supervisory responsibilities if
additional staff personnel supporting the account are assigned.
This job has external supervisory responsibilities with third party
Since English is the language of aviation, must be able to read,
write and speak the English language fluently and possess the
ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and
governmental regulations. Must have the ability to write effective
reports and business correspondence. Must have the ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in
Must possess the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
Operational knowledge of laptop and desktop computers, working
knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe
Acrobat or related presentation programs. Operational knowledge of
Outlook is required. Competency with internet navigation is also
required. Experience with CTA/FOS and Computerized Maintenance
Tracking software programs is desirable.
Ability to solve technical and practical problems and deal with a
variety of intangibles in situations where only limited
communication, support, information and access exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach
with hands; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required
to stand, walk, or sit for an extended period of time or for an
entire work shift. The employee is occasionally required to climb
or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to
reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting,
pulling and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place
objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without
assistance. The employee may be occasionally required to climbs
ladders, high spaces and/or stairs. Specific vision required for
this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Requirement, Experience & Education:
- Two (2) years of college or equivalent technical training, in
related field preferred
- Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (A&P) Certificate
- Inspection Authorization (IA) desired
- Ten (10) years' experience in aviation maintenance
- Three (3) year's or more of practical corporate aircraft
maintenance experience on assigned or similar type of
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance planning, along with
management oversight of inspections, repairs, and
- Flexible working schedules is a must.
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds with some assistance.
- Self educator and motivator.
- May be required to be 21 years of age or older and have a valid
driver's license with a clean driving record
- Must also be able to pass a required 10-year background check.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meets
- Has to be dependable, punctual and self-motivated
- Strong Ability to follow established procedures and practices
and follow instructions
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and must work well with a diverse group of people
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check,
E-Verify, and drug/alcohol screening Salary & Relocation:
Negotiable, Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & 401k, after 60
days of employment
Relocation Cost Negotiable
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that's partnered
with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing,
defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work
at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of
exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call
1-...... click apply for full job details
Keywords: STS Technical Services, Albuquerque , Director of Aircraft Maintenance, Executive , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!