CEO - Lovelace Westside Hospital
Company: Hillcrest Healthcare System
Posted on: April 11, 2021
- Minimum Experience Required: More than 10 years Position
Ardent Health Services invests in quality healthcare. Ardent makes
considerable investments in people, technology, facilities, and
communities, producing high quality care and extraordinary results.
Since 2001, those investments total more than $835 million. From
newly constructed facilities and expanded services, to lifesaving
technology and outstanding opportunities for employees, Ardent is
committed to providing its hospitals and clinics the tools needed
to succeed.-- Recapitalized and supported by the financial strength
of Ventas, Inc., an S&P 50 company and leading real estate
investment trust, and Equity Group Investments, Ardent is expanding
its network and bringing its unique combination of resources and
proven management expertise to new communities. Ardent Health
Services has become the second largest private and for-profit
hospital operator in the U.S. Ardent Health Services consists of:
- 30 hospitals in six states
- 4,395 licensed beds
- $4.4 billion in revenue Lovelace Westside Hospital is proud to
serve residents of Rio Rancho and Westside as part of the
distinguished Lovelace Health System which includes 6 hospitals,
3,700 employees, 606 licensed beds, and $351 million in capital
improvements since 2001. Lovelace Westside Hospital consists of 86
licensed beds and 425 employees. As a Top Hospital for Patient
Safety by Consumer Reports and the only hospital in New Mexico
recognized as a Truven Health Analytics Top 100 Hospital, we are
committed to quality care and employee excellence. We invest in our
service offerings - from an outstanding birthing center, Inpatient
Pediatric Unit, emergency department and beyond - as well as in our
team. The hospital has received multiple awards over the years
including Becker's Hospital Reviews 150 Top Places to Work in
Healthcare and an "A" grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade.
Job Overview: We are currently recruiting for a dynamic leader to
join Lovelace Westside Hospital as the Chief Executive Officer. The
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) provides leadership and directs the
overall operation of the facility consistent with the mission,
values, and strategy of Ardent Health Services as well as with the
goals and objectives of the facility and its advisory or governing
body. The CEO plans, organizes, applies, directs, controls, and
evaluates all resources (human, facilities, equipment, capital,
fiscal, and others) invested in the facility. The CEO uses all
resources to generate measurable results to benefit the
corporation, the community, the facility, the medical staff, and
the patient. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and execute a regional growth strategy for both
in-patient and out-patient services.--
- Establish effective and collaborative relationships to foster
- Ensure alignment of the hospital system goals and
- Build and maintain a high performing leadership
- Collaborate and build community/statewide relationships and
business as well as other local providers and/or organizations to
identify high quality, high impact care models (how can we help
outlying hospitals to assist them and form strong relationships and
- Create and sustain outreach programs to remote
- Develop organizational excellence through ensuring culture is
supportive of all process improvement.
- Strengthen the workforce culture to ensure adequate workforce
for continued growth by enhancing the nursing workforce and
developing a training/onboarding program to improve the
developmental pace of clinical staff, especially in specialty
- Collaborate with system peers.
- Shape system-wide initiatives to reduce redundancies and
duplication of services, capital, personnel, etc.--
- Capitalize on sharing high performing resources across the
system to promote high performance and system-wide
- Be a visible leader in the facility, the system, and the
- Place a high priority on effective identification and selection
processes for the hiring of talent, across the organization.
- Set clear direction with leaders/managers, and establish a
culture of accountability.
- Motivate, develop and partner with direct reports to help build
- Develop short and long range management and organization plans
to define responsibilities and business activities consistent with
facility goals and objectives.
- Implement Ardent Health Services' ethics and compliance program
throughout the organization. Ensures that policies are uniformly
understood and consistently interpreted and administered.
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships
with the medical staff, and ensure our ability to meet the health
needs of the community.
- Ensure that operational and financial reports are prepared as
required in regularly scheduled meetings and committees.
- Maintain accreditation and licensure standards for JCAHO,
Medicare, Medicaid, state licensure, and other regulatory
- Responsible for the facility's quality improvement and
organizational effectiveness programs.
- Ensure best practice, evidence-based approaches to consistently
deliver exceptional, well-coordinated and integrated care that
delivers high level outcomes and patient satisfaction. Position
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in
Hospital Administration, or Business Administration.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in healthcare
- Experience in outpatient healthcare operations or similar
service environments preferred
- Excellent verbal, quantitative, managerial, and interpersonal
- Current knowledge of JCAHO, OSHA, state and federal regulatory
- Willingness to relocate to Albuquerque, NM. Knowledge, Skills &
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively
communicate ideas, problems, instructions (written and oral) with
corporate management staff, facility management staff and
- Ability to analyze situations, evaluate data, recommend, and
implement courses of action that would improve the functioning of
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines, policies and
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision making.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency
- Knowledge of strategic planning and short and long-range goal
implementation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of
disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Lovelace Westside Hospital Full - Time Regular
Keywords: Hillcrest Healthcare System, Albuquerque , CEO - Lovelace Westside Hospital, Executive , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!