Company: NICOR Lighting
Posted on: January 9, 2021
FLSA: ExemptThe following statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified.SUMMARY:The Product Manager will lead the NICOR lighting
product line activities in North America and is responsible for
product life cycle management, product commercialization, market
penetration strategies and competitive leadership. The Product
Manager is expected to have unsurpassed knowledge of our products,
technical requirements and specifications for targeted market
applications/industries, customers, and competitors. We are looking
for someone with entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to
achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced
environment.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine market needs and trends for various lighting products
in North America. Implement product innovation strategies via voice
of the customer (VOC) activities with sales team, distributors,
contractors, architects, and end-users.
- Conduct detailed competitive analysis to keep NICOR an
innovation leader within the industry. Develop and maintain an in
depth understanding of the competitive landscape using this
understanding to provide competitive intelligence to sales.
- Define and maintain product roadmaps and features
prioritization for all new and some existing products.
- Coordinate and lead all product training activities for
internal/external sales teams and customers.
- Partner with sourcing department on identifying potential
supplier sources for assigned products and provide analysis and
- Ensures that all product management deliverables are complete
prior to each tollgate review and meets all deadlines.
- Oversee the product lifecycle and provide initial and long-term
- Work in close alignment with the marketing team to introduce
products into the market on time and within budget. Develop
collateral material for products and company materials.
- Act as subject matter expert for product level promotions by
providing technical product content and competitive analysis;
support trade-show activities.
- Detailed review of incoming new products to ascertain their
market viability, overall quality, and strategic potential to add
to the NICOR product line.MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing, or business from
an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering, marketing, product management
experience with technical products in the lighting industry,
lighting controls or power management industries.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of residential and commercial LED lighting, technical
specifications, applications, and implementation
- Experience in wireless technology, controls, or smart
technologies a strong plus
- Solid understanding of LED technology, dimming standards and
- Basic understanding of UL, Energy Star, Title 24, DLC and other
compliance related legislation
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and work
interactively with engineering and marketing teams
- Financial acumen as it relates to pricing and budget
- Experience with strategic planning, product development and
product lifecycle management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service focus and provides satisfactory
resolution to customer questions.
- Experience working with international cross-functional
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel,
- Ability to prioritize business needs.
- Team player, strong collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail. An ability to prioritize, work within
deadlines, handle multiple projects, and maintain objectives.
- Must work well with or without supervision, motivated and a
- Strong customer service focus.
- Able to Perform Work Under Pressure
- Critical Thinking , Problem Solving & MultitaskingWORKING
- In a typical interior/warehouse/office environment: work
performed in an Office setting is largely a sedentary role, must be
able to sit for long durations of time; warehouse environment with
exposure to extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, and fumes.
- May require standing or walking for more than 4 hours per
- Shop work building, modifying, and testing SSL prototypes using
- Laboratory work using electrical and mechanical test
- Able to lift 40lbs.
- Up to 20% Travel Required to various service/component
suppliers' meetings or industry conferences and trade
- Electrical and lighting test equipment.
- Hand tools and power tools for prototype building and
- Computer, phone, copier, fax machine, scanner, and standard
office equipmentCAREER PATH:
- Director of EngineeringFull-time salaried, exempt position with
full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and
relocation available.Please send resume, cover letter and salary
requirements to: email@example.comNICOR is an EEO/AA
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.NICOR Lighting2200
Midtown PI NEAlbuquerque, NM 87107Office: 800.821.6283Fax:
- Major Medical
- Vision Plan
- Teladoc Program
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401 (k)
- Paid Holidays
Keywords: NICOR Lighting, Albuquerque , Product Manager, Executive , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!