Manager, Clinical Care Services - Remote New Mexico
Company: Magellan Health
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Candidates must be located in New Mexico and must have an
independent-level Behavioral Health license (LISW if prior to
9/1/2014, LCSW, LMFT, LPCC) or an RN license (Behavioral Health
experience strongly preferred) in the state of New Mexico
Responsible for the management, direct supervision and coordination
of clinical and/or nonclinical management staff, including
utilization management and intensive care management staff,
providing expertise in designated programs.
- Assists clinical management in the development and on-going
management of designated staff.
- Performs care management review activities consistent with
Magellan policies, procedures, and standards.
- Conducts recruitment, interviewing, and selection of properly
qualified staff members and ensures appropriate orientation is
- Regularly monitors the performance of care management staff.--
Monitors adherence to the efficiency goals for all staff including
case volume, case closure rates, average handle time and other
- Supervises care management staff through approved audit
processes including performing annual reviews and provides
counseling and disciplinary action as necessary.
- Coordinates quality improvement activities under the direction
of clinical management.
- Assists management in the development of strategic and
operational goals and plans.
- Assists management in the identification and coordination of
the necessary clinical and client service training needs.
- Analyzes specific utilization problems, plans and implements
solutions that directly influence quality of care and cost
- Supervises the collection of pertinent clinical information
while maintaining a good rapport and relationship with
providers.Other Job RequirementsResponsibilities
- 5 years post degree experience in a direct care clinical
setting; managed care experience preferred.
- 1 year direct supervisory experience required.--
- One or more of the following current, active--licenses in the
state of New Mexico are required:--LISW (if prior to 9/1/2014),
- If RN, BSN preferred but ASN considered with additional
- Thorough knowledge of physical, medical specialty and/or mental
health community resources and providers.
- Thorough knowledge of healthcare services in physical health,
behavioral health or other medical specialty area based on pod
- Considerable skill in interpreting clinical treatment
information and making appropriate referral and triage
- Must meet Magellan's credentialing criteria for RN, Masters or
Doctoral level provider.Bi/Multilingual.General Job InformationWork
ExperienceClinical, SupervisoryEducationAssociates: Nursing
(Required), Bachelors: Nursing, Masters: Behavioral Health
(Required)License and Certifications - RequiredBCBA - Board
Certified Behavior Analyst - Care Mgmt, Current licensure required
for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or
customer-specific requirements - Care Mgmt, LCSW - Licensed
Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMFT - Licensed Marital and
Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, LMHC - Licensed Mental Health
Counselor - Care Mgmt, LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker - Care
Mgmt, LPCC - Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor - Care Mgmt,
LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, PC -
Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State
and/or Compact State Licensure - Care MgmtLicense and
Certifications - PreferredMagellan Health Services is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and
attest to the security responsibilities and security controls
unique to their position.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Albuquerque , Manager, Clinical Care Services - Remote New Mexico, Executive , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!