sUAS Test Engineer
Company: Zel Technologies LLC
Posted on: November 11, 2019
ZelTech is a veteran and minority owned professional services and
information technology solutions business dedicated to bolstering
US national security. We deliver expert advice, critical
technologies and cost-effective solutions to help customers gather
essential knowledge, collaborate efficiently, decide quickly and
act decisively. Our staff includes experienced operational
specialists, analysts, engineers, scientists, and program managers.
ZelTech Team members and employees have the opportunity to connect
with each other in a work environment of cutting-edge technology
that is characterized by a strong sense of caring, community and
mutual respect. We are committed to providing our employees with a
comprehensive variety of elective benefits to include, but not
limited to: Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending
Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Basic Life and AD&D
Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Holidays and Paid
Time Off, 401(K) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Referral
and Merit Bonuses, Computer Purchase Program, and Education
Active TS/SCI clearance required to be considered for this
Job Summary: The position is located in Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
supporting the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) RD-TS. The
applicant will provide a wide range of Test Engineering Subject
Matter Expertise (SME) support for rapid acquisition, technically
focused small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS) and Counter UAS (CUAS)
projects. The position requires the applicant to possess a
technical understanding of UAS's and experience developing and
executing UAS test plans. The position requires applicant to
possess an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance. Essential Job
- Provide technical recommendations to DTRA RD-TS leadership for
sUAS/CUAS testing against known and previously unrecognized
capability gaps in this area and to help meet validated
- Provide technical advice, feasibility analysis, and products
necessary for the testing of approved initiatives, including
conclusions and-or recommendations that are supported by test data,
analysis, and operational relevancy.
- Provides UAS techniques and test procedures for supporting DTRA
RD-TS experiments and tests.
- Assist in test planning, coordinating, and directing sUAS/CUAS
- Review, evaluate, and remediate sUAS/CUAS testing and test
- Identify aircraft requirements and testing procedures to obtain
critical information to support test events.
- Responsible for the test functioning of newly installed
equipment in aircraft structures to evaluate system
- Responsible for maintaining the RD-TS UAS/UAV inventory to
ensure the UAS/UAVs are flight-ready to support JD and RD-TS test
events in order to gather required test data during tests,
experiments, campaigns, and/or demonstrations.
- Supporting engineering development, execution, and sustainment
of DTRA RS-TS sUAS/CUAS capabilities through proper test planning,
data analysis, and operational recommendations.
- Supports DRTA RD-TS at appropriate briefings, seminars,
conferences, workshops, and other working groups.
- Liaise with the DTRA RD testing community in Virginia for test
plan development and ensure synchronization of sUAS/CUAS testing
and test results analysis.
- Authors' quality test reports and papers relating to project
- Identifies Risk and implements risk mitigation strategies to
- Manages task order contract deliverables and uploads to
appropriate databases and repositories.
- Performs other duties as required. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical test phenomenology,
reports, legal documents, etc.
- Prepare reports and presentations to company management and/or
- Respond to inquiries from customers, management, regulatory
agencies, or members of the business community
- Oversee daily activities of area or customer
- Support development and/or execution of company policies,
procedures, & guidance
- Ability to manage complex acquisition portfolios
- Ability to manage time & resources
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator Education:
- Bachelors' Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace
Engineering, RF, robotics, or Applied Physics
- Desired: -Masters' Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace
Engineering, RF, robotics, or Applied Physics background Years ILO
experience: 9-12 years' experience in Test and Evaluation
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Required: 6+ years' experience in system testing and
- Required: Relevant technical experience in areas related to
sUASUAV Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer"This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits
discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of
disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment
qualified individuals with disabilities."
Keywords: Zel Technologies LLC, Albuquerque , sUAS Test Engineer, Engineering , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!