Customer Data Technician
Posted on: August 23, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
Are you willing to learn new technologies, provide friendly and
knowledgeable solutions to our customers? Join our team as a
Technician providing excellence in servicing the customer, selling
our products and integrated communications services. What are the
advantages to joining our dynamic technical team? Here are just a
few - paid training, tuition assistance available, tools, test
equipment and a company vehicle you will need to perform your job
as well as you will have rapid progressive earning potential and
advancement opportunities.Job Description
- Installs, tests and maintains private and switched services,
and applications for individual residential and business customers.
Such services and applications include analog, data, sub-rate and
high-speed digital, DSL, VDSL, ISDN, E911, 911, audio and video
services, and associated ancillary equipment and software
configured to meet existing and anticipated customer needs.
Requirements include work on both copper and fiber facilities and
equipment for DSO, DS1, DS3 & above, and optical circuits.
- Successfully options/configures customers computer hardware and
software, installs modems and telephone filters and applications to
complete DSL and VDSL services.
- Reviews, analyzes, updates, and interprets work orders, circuit
diagrams, word documents, schematic drawings, engineering work
prints, OSP (Outside Plant) maps, equipment drawings, company
records, technical manuals and other source documents to obtain
specifications for installation and trouble isolation
- Resolves issues to insure service is installed/repaired by
- Receives service orders, worksheets (detailed diagrams
describing nature and location of equipment to be installed or
repaired) and repair tickets from supervisor, or other designated
employees and performs specified work.
- Conducts tests associated with the installation and repair of
individual circuits. Resolves customer issues and problems, insures
customer satisfaction; insures service is working to
specifications. Contacts control and/or dispatch centers or other
designated employees during tour for other assignments.
- Analyzes service orders and trouble tickets for accuracy and
completeness, verifies critical dates, commitments, facility and
equipment assignments, reasonableness of test results and
conformity of circuits to established tolerance criteria.
- Performs pre-survey to determine availability of equipment and
facilities, to pretest circuits to ensure that conditioning
requirements are met, and to review with customer work specified in
the work order and the possibilities of utilizing existing
facilities for upgrading/customizing services.
- Repairs, maintains, splices and performs conformance testing of
subscriber line, carriers plant and/or fiber optic plant.
- When installing or repairing telephone services, connects
equipment to inside cable and makes cross connections by connecting
color coded wires.
- Makes necessary test for gas before entering utility hole.
- Must pump water and/or clean debris from utility hole. Locates,
joins, repairs and rearranges cable and cable conductors in
building and aerial or buried plant.
- Places, rearranges and/or removes all forms of outside
- Performs trouble isolation of transport customer and company
communications components, cable and infrastructure form the
customer s premise up to and including the central office/loop
- Runs cross-connects, check batteries to alarms and repairs
equipment in SLC/HUT locations.
- Previous experience in provisioning, installing, and
Maintaining E911/911, DS0/DS1/DS3 and above circuits.
- Previous experience conducting tests associated with the
installation, repair, turn-up of T1 and HDSL spans for Hi-Cap and
T1 Circuits. Copper and fiber outside plant.
- Basic electricity knowledge (through classes or on the
job-related training) including: reading and interpreting circuit
diagrams, equipment drawings, technical manuals, and AC/DC usage
- Experience working in teams or alone problem solving,
coordinating testing and troubleshooting customer lines or toll
- Ability to read cable prints and maps.
- Customer Service experience face-to-face and over the
- Knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and test equipment such
as Tberds, laptop, HST 3000, 965 DSP, Sidekick, Volt-ohm meter,
oscilloscopes, transmission measuring sets or comparable testing
- Experience in connecting color coded wires and cables to
terminals, attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to
wires, cables and buildings.
- Experience in working on a computer in Windows based systems
and Microsoft Outlook.
Alternate Location: US-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Requisition #: 214943
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a
union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining
agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to
join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or,
(b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a
condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to
join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated
to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical
condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Albuquerque , Customer Data Technician, Engineering , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!