Staff Test Engineer
Company: Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
The Southwest Division (SWD) of Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking a Test Support Engineer to provide test planning and support to ground and flight test efforts for air delivered weapon system development and qualification testing in the field. The Test Support Engineer is responsible for reviewing and approving test objectives and developing test execution plans to support program test needs. The Test Support Engineer will support scoping, planning, coordinating and test execution at test sites, to demonstrate and qualify air delivered weapon systems per defined program requirements. Additional roles include the following:
* Regular interaction with internal technical team and customer program team to define test objectives and execution requirements to support program qualification.
* Attending customer Test Planning Working Group (TPWG) meetings and providing guidance on test objectives and requirements during the test planning process.
* Coordinating Internal TPWG meetings.
* Developing and documenting test plans and/or test plan inputs required by the customer to execute program testing.
* Developing test cards and post test reports.
* Reviewing safety needs and requirements for test execution and developing supplemental safety plans as required.
* Identifying and coordinating personnel and test support equipment (including Special Test Equipment and test fixture) requirements for defined tests to ensure test support readiness.
* Coordinating with the test team, customer test lead and test site manager on test execution processes, procedures and documentation requirements.
* Associate's degree in engineering or a related field and 5+ years of experience
* Experience with test procedure development and test execution
* Experience with system validation
* Experienced user of MS Office products
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship
* Bachelor of Science or better in Engineering or related field
* Experience providing support to DoD weapon system qualification programs
* Experience with DoD test processes and documentation standards/requirements
* Knowledge in test methodology, systems integration, and requirements verification/validation
* Experience working USAF Development Ground and Flight Tests
* Experience in documenting test failures and corrective actions
* Experience in and supporting test program for design reviews, schedule meeting, liaison with test ranges. Etc.
* Current DoD Secret Clearance
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,200 professionals. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is one of innovation. Experimentation is the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company's success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, "Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit" sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
If you are interested in this job, apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Test Support Engineer position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.",
DegreeName: Associate of Science
Description: System validation
Description: Test procedure development and execution
Keywords: Applied Research Associates, Inc., Albuquerque , Staff Test Engineer, Engineering , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!