Nuclear Program Analyst / Engineer (NNSA)
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Description Job Description: Do you want to make a difference
that counts? Join Leidos and make a difference for our Federal
customers in national security. Leidos has a Program Engineer
opportunity to support the W80-4 Life Extension Program Division,
NA-125.3. The Program Engineer will provide technical support to
the Federal Program Manager (FPM), as well as program engineer
liaison with other Defense Programs (DP), National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA), and Department of Defense (DOD)
organizations associated with the W80-4 Life Extension Program
(LEP). Must possess an Active DoD Top Secret or DOE Q clearance.
This is a full-time position at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque,
New Mexico, and will require up to 25% travel. The Program Engineer
will also assist the W80-4 LEP FPM, Chief Engineer, and Federal
Engineers with technical oversight, program management, program
integration, and risk identification.Duties include:
- Coordination of day-to-day operations across the geographically
dispersed M&O contractors
- Developing and reviewing plans for program integration and
- Providing technical recommendations for development of guidance
in resolving issues related to this weapons system.
- Applying broad and diversified knowledge of nuclear weapons
systems engineering, nuclear and non-nuclear component product
realization processes, Phase 6.X activities and deliverables, and
program management disciplines.
- Analyzing information and reviewing system requirements in
preparation for design reviews and product realization gates.
- Application of Defense Program's business processes, practices,
and procedures in support of nuclear weapon acquisition and product
- Applying systems engineering principles (such as project
assessment and control, risk management, design definition,
integration process) to adjust and maintain an integrated program
- Understanding broad objectives from management, then
independently analyze, evaluate, and integrate solutions for
unusually complex and diverse technical problems.
- Identify, track, and develop strategies to mitigate technical
risks related to product and/or system performance objectives.
- Support the Federal Engineer(s) in Integrated Product Team
(IPT) and represent the Federal Program Office in Products
Realization Team (PRT) meetings.
- Conduct technical review of warhead component designs to meet
requirements and component functionality within a system context
and provide insight into the appropriateness of progressing to a
- Attend and represent the FPO in Project Officer Group and
sub-group meetings with the Department of Defense (DoD) and their
- Provide technical leadership on special topic assignments as
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science. Master's degree
preferred, and at least 10 years of related technical
- NNSA/DOD Interagency experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and programmatic
assessments, advise the FPO on execution of cost, scope, and
schedule for the weapon system acquisition, and to represent,
within program guidance, the NNSA's program interests and positions
in interactions with other agencies and corporate entities.
- Knowledge of program and project management/scheduling tools
and techniques, to include understanding requirements flow,
interface linkages, and technical risk mitigation strategies
associated with program scope to assist in developing an integrated
schedule with cost and risk contingency analysis.Desired
- Experience managing nuclear weapons system sustainment or
- Nuclear weapons and delivery platforms experience.
- Design and Manufacturing experience in NNSA, military,
government, or corporate environments.
- Broad knowledge of NNSA Nuclear Weapons programs and
activities; missions, policies, and objectives; management
principles and processes; the joint NNSA/DoD 6.X weapon system
acquisition process; and the Defense Programs Business Process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with
demonstrated experience in writing and editing briefings for senior
and executive managers. Pay Range: Pay Range $94,250.00 -
$145,000.00 - $195,750.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level
is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Albuquerque , Nuclear Program Analyst / Engineer (NNSA), Engineering , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!