Controls Engineer - Albuquerque, NM
Company: Prime Controls
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Summary:Implements systems integration projects by understanding
customer requirements, performing control system architectural
design, design and program HMIs, design and program PLCs, testing
and acceptance of automation programs, on-site start-up, customer
training, writing of documentation, and coordination with
co-workers, customers, and vendors.
Purpose:Design control systems to accomplish customer requirements
which will automate manufacturing processes. The Automation
Specialist II is responsible for the design of control system
details, instrumentation configuration, preparation for
implementation, implementation, testing, documentation, and
---Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Works on multiple projects simultaneously while also having
advanced knowledge of a diverse range of products and systems.
- Collaborates with project managers and estimators to assess
potential projects and submit proposals.
- Reads and interprets diagrams and documentation and
communicates with customers to understand objectives and
- Designs, develops, and documents the communication strategy
between control system elements.
- Works with the customer and other stakeholders to design
detailed control system functionality.
- Documents the functionality with a controls narrative and/or a
cause and effect.
- Programming controllers to connect from less than 20 points up
to thousands of points may be required.
- Designs and develops the human machine interface (HMI).
- Develops hardware and software test plans and writes simulation
logic for the testing of the PLC and HMI system.
- Communicates and coordinates with management of the
installation team to ensure that technicians are executing per
- At the client site, the incumbent may supervise the
installation of the systems.
- Tests the installed system to observe system functionality and
ensure that the programs function as designed.
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during startup that are
caused by incorrect drawings, changes in customer desires,
inaccurate instrumentation specifications, or other technical
issues. Diagnoses and resolves software and hardware interface
- Trains customers on use and operation of client-specific system
- Interfaces with manufacturers and vendors of software and
application products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis
- Works with others to develop alternative system and software
- May respond to service calls to troubleshoot, diagnose, and
repair programming and system failures.
Prime Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative
Keywords: Prime Controls, Albuquerque , Controls Engineer - Albuquerque, NM, Engineering , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!