Civil Engineer in Training
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Overview:NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting
services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions
through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting;
Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences;
Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With
offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design,
build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the
communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers,
environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role
in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are
looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused
on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
WHPacific/NV5 is seeking a recent civil engineering graduate for
the Development Services Engineering Group in our Albuquerque
Office. The preferred candidate will have a bachelor of science
degree in civil or related, an academic record of related
engineering courses, an internship in an engineering firm or public
works agency, and a strong interest in a career in private sector
development and development related engineering.
The person in this position will work under the supervision of a
senior engineer providing infrastructure planning and design,
developing reports, construction plans and documents, construction
inspection and construction management for development related
projects. Infrastructure design and improvements include a wide
range of expertise including roadway and highway, water and water
supply, sanitary sewer, drainage, earthwork, land planning,
business plan pro-forma studies, etc. Additionally, cross-over work
in other disciplines may be assigned to facilitate broad training
and assist with workload balancing.Responsibilities:
- Perform basic engineering calculations and design tasks.
- Assist with roadway geometric and profile design.
- Assist with signing and striping design, drainage design,
structure design, construction phasing and traffic control design,
lighting and signal design, and other related elements.
- Assist with detailed site layout, survey control, grading and
drainage, and utility plan production.
- Assist with preparation of engineering reports and
- Assist with production of construction plans and
- Prepare quantity take-offs and tabulations.
- Participate in a professional organization.Qualifications:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor's degree in civil or transportation
engineering.Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of standard engineering techniques, reference
materials, and design criteria.
- Experience with AutoCAD/Civil3D, MicroStation/Inroads, or
similar CAD design tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Working
knowledge of PowerPoint preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to
communicate effectively with supervisors and coworkers.
- Ability to adhere to an assigned work plan and manage time to
complete tasks on schedule and budget.
- Availability to occasionally work overtime, including weekends,
- Availability for occasional overnight travel.
- 0 to 2 years of experience.Licenses and Certifications
- New Mexico Engineer Intern certification is required.
- Valid New Mexico Driver's License is
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and
professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or
status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: NV5, Albuquerque , Civil Engineer in Training, Engineering , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!