Technical Writer / Editor
Posted on: November 22, 2021
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No relocation assistance available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds
leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise
IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly
differentiated national security solutions and technologies that
keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to
essential government agencies across the intelligence, space,
cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets.
Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the
most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton currently has a compelling opportunity for a Technical
Writer / Editor in support of opportunities in the area of Research
and Data Sciences in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
*This is a remote/telework role/position.
Our team consists of a diverse talent pool of instructional
designers, educational psychologists, software engineers,
multimedia developers, user experience (UX) designers, artists,
writers, and creative professionals that creates conceptual design
solutions for training and information projects in digital
media including immersive environments. The ideal candidate will
have extensive experience proofreading technical documents and will
have experience in authoring technical documents such as white
- Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents focused in
the area of behavioral learning research and technical instruction
- Validates documentation and testing scripts are highly
applicable and easily understood by target audience.
- Understands effectiveness of written documentation and will
apply lessons learned to future technical documents and testing
- Develops test questions and scenario based checks for web based
- Completes QA on developed courseware.
- Documents training materials and curricula to support program
implementation across targeted audiences.
- Working with subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify specific
training needs and develop solutions.
- Creating and analyzing assessments to evaluate learning
effectiveness and instructional improvement opportunities,
including pre-tests, post-tests, and quizzes. Basic
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Education, Instructional
Systems Design or Training & Development, or other relevant degree
and a minimum of 3 years of related experience; or a Master's
degree and 1 year of related experience.
- Editor Experience.
- Knowledge of Learning Theory, Design Thinking, Prototyping
- Experience Developing instructor guides, student manuals,
workbooks, and related materials.
- Applying critical skills thinking when solving complex
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret security
clearance. Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters degree in Writing or other area which is highly
relevant to the responsibilities of this requisition.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Albuquerque , Technical Writer / Editor, Engineering , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!