Field Engineer / Project Engineer - Heavy Civil Construction
Company: McMillen Jacobs Associates
Posted on: November 22, 2021
McMillen Jacobs Associates has earned a reputation for
outstanding Design/Build work with our customers around the world.
We are currently seeking long-term Construction Field Engineers and
Project Engineers for projects in the Pacific Northwest region.
Please note: This listing is cross posted to the following area's -
Denver CO, Boise ID, Los Angeles CA, Salt Lake City UT, Seattle WA,
Dallas TX, Billings MT, Phoenix AZ, Sacramento CA, Las Vegas NV and
San Diego CA. It is not necessary to apply to all listings. Your
application will be considered across all areas as this is a
Our Construction Engineers provide project planning, scheduling,
procurement, and related technical and administrative support to
lead individuals on the project. This position works closely with
the project manager, superintendent, foremen and crews to support
the overall needs of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs scheduling of the project.
- Manages revenue, cost, and cash flow.
- Contracts, manages and coordinates sub-contractors and product
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of permanent
design management and quality control.
- Oversees project closeout.
- Maintains close contact and good working relationships with
- Assists in Operations planning.
- Administers contracts and subcontracts.
- Trains and directs Field Engineers.
- Develops and maintains owner relations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and identify discrepancies on
engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- An excellent understanding of pre-construction and construction
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit
- Respectfully takes direction and adheres to feedback from site
superintendent and project managers.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance in
accordance with project and company work hours.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office, Primavera is a plus,
Heavy Job/Heavy Bid is a plus.
- Working experience managing engineers.
- Must be able to travel and relocate to projects in the Pacific
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree is highly desired in the related fields of
Construction Management or Engineering.
- Field Engineer: 0-3 years' working experience in construction
- Project Engineer: 4-6 years' working experience in construction
COMPANY BIO: McMillen Jacobs Associates is a full-service
environmental, engineering, and construction firm in the water
resources, hydropower, fisheries, transportation, and heavy civil
underground markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the
planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a
design, manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and
EEO: McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action
Employer and will make all employment related decisions without
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: McMillen Jacobs Associates, Albuquerque , Field Engineer / Project Engineer - Heavy Civil Construction, Engineering , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!