Senior Data Engineer
Company: Rinchem Company and affiliates
Posted on: November 22, 2020
SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
Rinchem Corp, 5131 Masthead Street NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico,
United States of America Req #1581
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Rinchem Company, Inc. is a chemical management solutions provider
with proven expertise in creating and managing safe and efficient
supply chains for high purity, pre-packaged chemicals and gases. We
apply four decades of team-building and innovation to provide the
most reliable, efficient, and cost-effective solutions for our
customers. Our company is growing and with growth comes
opportunity. Rinchem Company is in need of a Senior Data Engineer
to join our talented team here in our Albuquerque location. If you
have the skills and experience listed below, please apply to this
posting and one of our Recruiters will be with you within 48 hours.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Job Summary: Rinchem is a mid-sized company that relies on off the
shelf applications to meet their individual business unit needs. We
are looking for an individual to lead in the creation and
implementation of a centralized data solution. As a Senior Data
Engineer, you will be expected to design, implement and support
scalable data infrastructure solutions to integrate with multiple
disparate data sources across the enterprise.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
* Work with business partners to transition existing business
process to ones that are more desirable for a technical
* Design, organize, and implement data structures, workflows, and
integrations between enterprise platforms to ensure the accurate
and timely execution of business processes.
* Define and develop best practices on data
integration/engineering, including ETL/ELT, EDR and EAI.
* Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build out new
API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and
* Establish, maintain, and execute an Enterprise Data Integration
roadmap including master data management.
* Define the strategy and architecture required to integrate data
across multiple systems, improve the existing data warehouse
architecture and support possible transition to AWS.
* Implement and optimize physical database design to support
performance, scaling, security, backup, and disaster recovery
* Development, programming, coding of complex and business critical
* Write unit/integration tests and document work.
* Other duties as assigned
* Experience building and maintaining API platforms.
* Experience with continuous integration tools e.g. GIT, Jenkins,
* Experience with Agile application development concepts including
build automation, pair programming, testing automation and code
* Good understanding of micro services architecture and OOP
* Experience developing software using cloud-native principles like
Dev-Ops, and Microservices.
* Extensive experience in triaging data issues, analyzing end to
end data pipelines and in working with business users in resolving
* Strong command of 2 - 3 modern programming languages (ie Python,
paradigms for example object oriented, procedural, and
* Experience with both normalized and dimensional data models,
structured and unstructured data, and hands-on knowledge of data
* Knowledge and experience engineering systems using event-driven
* Experience working on remote/distributed teams.
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s or Master s degree in Computer Science
* Minimum of 10 years of experience as a data engineer or data
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with OOP, SQL, schema designing,
data modeling, and designing, building, and maintaining data
* Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves
terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly
provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex
* Create a variety of models and diagrams (such as flowcharts) that
instruct technical and non-technical people how the integrations
and data flows function.
* Provide mentoring to technical team members.
* Ability to read and write English fluently, ability to
proficiently use a keyboard and standard personal computer related
hardware and software.
* Job Family G&A Professional
* Pay Type Salary
* Required Education Bachelor s Degree
Keywords: Rinchem Company and affiliates, Albuquerque , Senior Data Engineer, Engineering , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!