Social Media Specialist
Company: Kirtland Credit Union
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Working at Kirtland FCU is more than a job-it's a career, and
one in the financial world! We pride ourselves on helping our
employees learn, grow, and advance in any direction they choose. We
offer a highly competitive salary, great benefits package and an
energetic, vibrant work environment. Visit our careers page on our
website to view our exciting opportunities and our fantastic
We are currently seeking a Social Media Specialist to join Kirtland
Credit Union! This position is full-time and may be eligible for a
hybrid work schedule. Join the rest of our teammates and become
eligible for a generous benefits package that we offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement savings program that includes employer
- Paid time off with accrual starting from day one
- Paid holidays: In addition to New Year's Day, Independence Day,
Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, Memorial Day, and
Labor Day, we also observe Martin Luther King Day and President's
Day & Juneteenth.
- Tuition Reimbursement for College Degrees
- Employee Clothing Advance
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Travel Assistance
This is what we would like you to do: The Social Media Specialist
will be responsible for being the voice of the Kirtland Federal
Credit Unions brand on respective social networks, assisting to
execute social media strategies that engage members, select
employer groups, and community partners. This individual will find
creative ways to interject the credit union brand into
conversations with members and future members to drive strategic
value to the organization's overall reputation, focus on
understanding our members, partners, and the communities we serve.
High degree of professionalism, excellent communication and quality
assurance skills are necessary with this role as it requires
working cohesively with marketing team members, other credit union
departments, and community partners.
These are what your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist the Creative Brand Manager in executing the overall
marketing and operational plans including digital, social media,
brand awareness-building initiatives and direct member contact
- Assist in strategizing, creating, and executing campaigns
across all social and digital channels.
- Assist in the creative design process.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and vendors;
research and resolve any discrepancies or problems.
- Provides recommendations based on current trends, measurements,
and best practices.
- Collaborates with Business/Community and Base Relations
outreach team, designers, and research analysts to ensure content
is informative, on brand, and compelling.
- Suggests content for optimization, better SMO, and user
- Measures and reports on the success of digital and social
communication strategies and campaigns. Social Media:
- Social Media liaison for other departments/designees and
- Maintain a social media calendar to proactively plan and
produce content that is both seasonal and channel appropriate.
- Provides insight to leadership on trends and produces social
performance reports as well as benchmark reports for competing
- Serves as Social Media liaison for Northwest region of market
- Defines and measures social media KPI's.
- Stays up to date with latest social media best practices and
Communicates with industry professionals and influencers via social
media to create a strong network.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to
increase visibility and company's social content.
- Review and approve content for social media and print
- Respond to member comments and reviews on public and social
- Proof and edit all social media platforms.
- Stay informed of changing advertising regulations and ensures
compliance of all advertising and communications.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective working relations, communication, and coordination with
Credit Union personnel and management EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism,
advertising or related field, preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in marketing, communications,
advertising, or related fields, with prior experience in managing
multiple projects and production in a with multiple stakeholders
and aggressive timelines.
- Prior credit union/financial experience preferred. REQUIRED
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a
Digital Media Specialist
- Proven work experience designing, writing, editing
(photo/video/graphics) social media content.
- Proven self-starter able to pick up new things quickly and take
initiative to find answers.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics
- Strong attention to detail and good multitasking and
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new concepts to emergent
marketing trends in a timely fashion
- Ability to appropriately match communication style to a wide
array of internal / external members assumes responsibility for
related duties as required or assigned.
- Understanding of related computer applications.
- Knowledge of advertising, printing, and print production
- Basic knowledge of financial products and services, features,
- Extensive knowledge of marketing principles and concepts.
- Experience supporting project management a plus. Proven working
experience in social media marketing or as a Digital Media
- Excellent proofreading skills and solid writing skills.
- Outstanding communication abilities.
- Well organized, self-motivated, able to prioritize workload and
- Ability to work in a team environment, without
- Demonstrates good understanding of project management,
timelines and print production.
- Able to work with professional graphic designers and other
outside vendors/partners to produce effective messages.
- Working knowledge in executing marketing and promotional
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel to all
KFCU locations or vendor locations when needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary to complete
projects during non-banking hours.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate through a
high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think
- Promote open, constructive and collaborative relations with
managers and peers, have ability to work independently and
willingness to take on challenges and be assertive as
- Excellent time management skills with a track-record of
follow-through To apply for this position, visit our careers page
at www.kirtlandcu.org/careers Kirtland Federal Credit Union is an
equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the
decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based
on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status,
age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any
other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Kirtland Credit Union, Albuquerque , Social Media Specialist, Advertising , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...