Senior Platform Enginer - Media
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Video playback is a huge part of online life. Mozilla's media
playback team is building the best possible video playback
experience for the web. Are you a client-side engineer with media
playback related experience who loves collaborating with smart,
committed engineers passionate about the open web? Then we'd love
to hear from you!
The media playback team supports everything around audio and video
in Firefox, so we welcome broad experience across different
platforms. The media team is responsible for maintaining open
standards and features revolving around media playback, improving
performance of video playback particularly for higher resolution
content like 4K and 8K, improving color depth and HDR support, and
for supporting playback through digital rights management.
In This Role, You Will
- Be a technical leader for the team and help drive features and
projects from start to completion.
- Define and drive architectural improvements for media in the
Gecko Browser engine.
- Improve the video playback capabilities in the Gecko browser
- Write software in C++, including tests and documentation.
- Investigate and propose solutions and architectural changes to
improve performance, reliability and reduce power usage, especially
on Android devices.
- Work closely with other teams within Mozilla and outside of
- Participate in regular code reviews.
- Be proficient in C++.
- Be familiar with video demuxing, coding, and playback
- Have strong debugging and optimization skills in a
- Have at least five years of experience as a software
It helps if you already have experience with, or are keen to learn
- Implementing web standards.
- Rust software development.
- Familiar with client-side graphical rendering concepts.
- Helping and mentoring junior team members.
- Working in a diverse community spanning many regions and time
- Open source collaboration tools.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource
accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better
than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give
yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users
everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your
life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform
and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and
forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company's core
mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members
of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not
limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with
disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender
identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion
(including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender
identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy,
ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation,
age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status,
citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis
covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics
or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1966
Keywords: Mozilla, Albuquerque , Senior Platform Enginer - Media, Advertising , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!