ANALYTICS & FINANCIAL PLANNING MGR.
Company: Sandia Resort & Casino
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Position Summary Oversees the financial analysis function for the
Resort and Casino. Performs financial, operational and technical
analyses at an advanced level. Supervision Exercised Reports to the
Director of Finance. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs financial, operational and technical analysis and
provides support to enterprise management, by ensuring business
strategies and financial goals are achieved.
- Performs in compliance with all governing gaming regulations,
state and federal laws and regulation and company policies and
- Coordinates and supports business and financial planning,
including short and long term financial forecasting.
- Develops and maintains databases for financial, gaming
marketing, staffing and other statistical data.
- Serves as primary analyst on one of the three areas of the
Resort and Casino analytics focus; gaming, marketing and food and
- Supervises staff analysts; trains, coaches and mentors.
- Supports the annual budget process. Develops historical,
current and potential future trend analysis.
- Assists in assessing and communicating financial and operating
results to managers.
- Develops appropriate financial and operating metrics for use by
management in decision making. Ensures departmental goals and
performance measures are understood and achieved by managers.
- Participates in assessment of current systems and business
processes for adequacy and consistency.
- Supports review meeting with managers to identify and implement
- Communicates effectively with all levels of management.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned. Secondary Duties
and Responsibilities Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data in conjunction with
financial data sources.
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to respond to financial and budget inquiries from staff
- Ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and
small group situations to staff and other department staff and
- Working knowledge of multiple database management systems for
daily operation reports, ad hoc queries, and financial
- Ability to build complex queries and produce reports using
various ad-hoc query and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and
communicate information to users.
- Ability to train operational managers and supervisors in the
ongoing use of specialized software and effectively communicate the
benefits of its use.
- Ability to provide management and staff with meaningful
information that will help them manage their departments and
employees more effectively.
- Ability to work independently .
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Proficiencies with spreadsheets, word processing and office
applications are required.
- Working knowledge of data management systems. Minimum
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Math,
Statistics Economics or related field and five (5) years of budget,
accounting, financial and/or analytical experience. Any combination
of education from an accredited college or university in a related
field and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling eight
(8) years may substitute for the required education and
- Three (3) years of gaming industry experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Preferred:
- Advanced degree and/or certification. Licensing Status
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Gaming
- Will require a post-offer, pre-employment and random drug
screening. Working Conditions
- Work is performed indoors.
- Subject to hazards which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke,
common colds, influenza, dust, odors, crowds and elevated noise
- Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time,
sitting and crouching.
- Work may vary depending on projects with occasional overtime
- Specific required movements include the following:
- Trunk-bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, and carry
- Arms-reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, and rotate
- Legs-lift, push, pull, twist, and rotate
- Hands-grasp, manipulate, bilateral eye and hand coordination,
overall and finger dexterity
Keywords: Sandia Resort & Casino, Albuquerque , ANALYTICS & FINANCIAL PLANNING MGR., Accounting, Auditing , Albuquerque, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!