Company: Core Civic
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of
service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to
better the public good.We are currently seeking a Bookkeeper who
has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional, secure setting.Come join a team that is dedicated to
making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Bookkeeper performs calculations, verifies and posts financial
data, and maintains accounting records of financial transactions.
Ensures proper coding of transactions and assists in maintaining a
current checking account balance for the facility. Prepares reports
and correspondence, and conducts inventory of commissary
- Utilizes and maintains working knowledge of applicable
accounting and internal control procedures which are in keeping
with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and company
and partnership policies and procedures while performing duties and
maintaining documentation and records.
- Assists with or maintains a current working checking account
balance for petty checking and commissary accounts. Prepares,
deposits and verifies bank deposits. Prepares check requests and
month-end documentation, and coordinates purchases for which FSC
approval is not required.
- Assists with or prepares accounts payable packages, accounts
payable accruals, check requests, petty cash reimbursements and
bank reconciliations ensuring accuracy, quality and adherence to
company policy and procedures.
- Processes various transactions for inmate/resident accounts to
include, deposits, withdrawals, charges/fees, release of funds or
transfer of funds, in accordance with policy and procedures. This
includes completing or assisting with the daily balancing of the
- Assigns or verifies assignment of proper account codes to
purchase orders, accounts payable, check requests, vouchers and
other types of expenditures or receipts ensuring that financial
transactions are allocated to the appropriate account prior to
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Three years of Accounting or Bookkeeping experience is
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel or
other spreadsheet or accounting software.
- Experience with Enterprise software such as Oracle/JD Edwards
and inventory control is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: Core Civic, Albuquerque , Bookkeeper, Accounting, Auditing , Estancia, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!